talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sports Personality of the year 2020

football forum

44 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Yeah I suppose its also how you interpret that word personality. I think its fair if Hamilton takes it because hes been immense this year but then I think with all the shit that has happened this year and the fallout to the fans and the communities that drive these sports it would be a nice touch to nominate Marcus even if he wins nothing in the end. 

Yeah I think people focus too much on the word 'personality'. It's a sporting achievement award at the end of the day

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
17 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Yeah I think people focus too much on the word 'personality'. It's a sporting achievement award at the end of the day

I think all the 'personality' stuff went out the window when Ryan Giggs won the award, let's face it xD 

• Subscriber

I'm obviously biased by which sports I watch but it has to be Hamilton for me. He has the on track achievement of matching Schumacher's 7 titles whilst overtaking his record of 91 wins, and he's delivered on the personality front by becoming a real ambassador for F1 and motorsport throughout the lockdown and the Black Lives Matter dramas.

The bloke's going to become the first driver to win over 100 F1 Grands Prix which is simply staggering.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived