talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2021 Formula 2

football forum

• Subscriber

With the 2020 season coming to a close this weekend, thought it's time to open a new thread for the next season. 2021 will see a number of changes introduced to the championship format, the biggest one being 3 races on a race weekend - two sprint races on Saturday and one feature race on Sunday. Qualifying will take place on Friday as usual, with quali results determining the grid for both Sprint Race 1 (Top 10 reversed order) and the Feature race. Sprint Race 2 will feature reversed Top 10 grid from Sprint Race 1. Point attribution remains unchanged.

EoKDUP9W8AA1iym?format=jpg&name=4096x409

EoKDn9qXcAQy_9d?format=jpg&name=4096x409

EoKEqdPW8AAhhT8?format=jpg&name=4096x409

11 teams competing:

EoIpSf6W8AINz2W?format=jpg&name=large

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

I didn't know that Zendeli and Beckmann both made the step up to F2. :o 

They technically didn't :) This is a post-season test, so teams often use it to try out drivers from F3! Doesn't mean they will be there next season, but a good chance to impress!

EDIT: yeah just saw your following post.

Just now, nudge said:

They technically didn't :) This is a post-season test, so teams often use it to try out drivers from F3! Doesn't mean they will be there next season, but a good chance to impress!

EDIT: yeah just saw your following post.

Yea, I didn't read it properly. I thought it was the entry list for next season. :34_rolling_eyes::4_joy: Then I saw it was the post season testing. Still cool that they're both at that. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Yea, I didn't read it properly. I thought it was the entry list for next season. :34_rolling_eyes::4_joy: Then I saw it was the post season testing. Still cool that they're both at that. 

I think both have pretty decent chances to get a seat in F2. Some drivers are apparently in talks to compete in both F2 and F3 next season due to the format changes, so that could be an interesting option too!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Petecof makes a jump straight into F2! :o

Very happy for him; he left the Ferrari Driver Academy despite winning the FREC last season and couldn't afford a seat in F3, so this is a surprising announcement. Quite a huge step up, though. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm going to try and follow F2 properly this year, I always catch a race or two but never religiously like the premier class. I've got conference calls until 16:00, but have this set to record so will catch up! 

So excited for the new season :)

• Subscriber

Zhou takes the pole! Lundgaard only 0.003s behind, Drugovich with 3rd best quali time. 

Vips P5, not bad... Pourchaire just missed out on reverse grid pole. 

As I'm typing this, it's announced that Zhou is under investigation for taking the checkered flag twice. What?... xD

Archived