talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2021 Formula 2

football forum

• Subscriber

No penalty for Zhou, he keeps his feature race pole.

Vips has been disqualified from qualifying as his car was found to have breached technical regulations (undertray fins too long), will start both sprint race 1 and the feature race from the back of the grid :( 

Pourchaire has been promoted to reverse grid pole for the first sprint race as a result.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Well the first sprint race was quite underwhelming... 

Lawson with a great start, and then did a good job looking after his tyres and keeping Daruvala behind during those last few laps. 

Pourchaire so unlucky, technical issue ended his race way too early. Thought he could have challenged for the win. 

Somewhat disappointed with Lundgaard, Shwartzman and Zhou. For second year drivers and main title challengers, they really looked pretty poor. 

Vips did well to finish P10 after starting from the back of the grid, that's also a pole for tonight's second sprint race. 

Ticktum just being Ticktum - i.e. hitting other cars and bitching on the radio later in the race. 

Hopefully the second sprint race will be better as the track temperatures drop in the evening. 

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Watched the first race, idiotic from Ticktum. 

Karma strikes though, as Shwartzman now takes him out in the same manner Ticktum took Verschoor out in the first race :4_joy:

• Subscriber

Looks like most of the drivers forgot how to overtake cleanly. Shwartzman takes out Ticktum and is out of the race himself, Lundgaard slashes Zendeli's rear tyre and gets a 10s penalty, Drugovich takes out Lawson, ending his race xD

• Subscriber

Fucking hell. Vips takes a gamble during the safety car phase and boxes for softs, gets close to Zhou after the restart and is in a good position to win the race, then Dalleda the useless prick causes another VSC with just a few laps to go, Vips botches the restart and gets a 5s penalty, and then on top of that, he's car breaks on the last corner of the final lap :|

Piastri takes the win after an exciting battle with Lundgaard and Zhou. 

• Subscriber
Just now, RandoEFC said:

Did Lundgaard manage to serve his 10 second penalty when he pitted? That was a good race, much better than this morning.

Nope, he drops to P9. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Shame I missed all this. :/ A lot of drama going on. 

First race was meh, the second one was much better with plenty of action. Don't miss the main feature race tomorrow! :D 

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

First race was meh, the second one was much better with plenty of action. Don't miss the main feature race tomorrow! :D 

When is it? I gotta walk! Managed 35.000 steps again today and had to work my "schedule" around F1. xD

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Tommy said:

When is it? I gotta walk! Managed 35.000 steps again today and had to work my "schedule" around F1. xD

12:50 CET :) 

That's a lot of walking xD I missed motorsports so much, I pretty much spent yesterday and today watching all sessions, races and whatnot. Barely managed to find time for grocery shopping xD 

Just now, nudge said:

12:50 CET :) 

That's a lot of walking xD I missed motorsports so much, I pretty much spent yesterday and today watching all sessions, races and whatnot. Barely managed to find time for grocery shopping xD 

Depending on when my food arrives, that's a perfect time. :35_thinking: Still gives me a lot of time to walk until F1 starts. xD I work out on most weekdays, so when I'm not working out on the weekend I still feel the need to be active. And I like being outside. 

How did Beckmann and Zendeli do btw? 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Depending on when my food arrives, that's a perfect time. :35_thinking: Still gives me a lot of time to walk until F1 starts. xD I work out on most weekdays, so when I'm not working out on the weekend I still feel the need to be active. And I like being outside. 

How did Beckmann and Zendeli do btw? 

Beckmann started on pole and finished P3 in the first sprint race, a solid performance and he managed to keep both Shwartzman and Piastri behind him. A quiet second sprint race for him; started P8 and finished P7.

Zendeli started the first race from P17, finished P9 and got the fastest lap as well, so definitely a good race for him. Was unlucky in the second one, as he started from P2, but then a collision with Lundgaard gave him a puncture and ended his race :(

Beckmann starts from P9 in tomorrow's main race, Zendeli from P16. 

All in all, a pretty decent start of the season for both of them, I'd say. 

• 1 month later...

Archived