• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2021 Formula 2

football forum

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Lawson has been disqualified for a technical non-conformity (different throttle map). Seems like Hitech really are struggling with rules this season... This mean Ticktum inherits P1, Piastri is P2, and Vips completes the podium. 

• Subscriber

Finally watched the replay of the feature race on Sunday, brilliant win and a great weekend for Pourchaire! What a talent. 

Top 10 after Monaco:

20210525_010809.thumb.jpg.1b9401e773225efc99f4f54f2d7caf21.jpg

Zhou leads, with 3 rookies in the top 5 :o

Shwartzman and Lundgaard have been pretty disappointing so far, will need to step up if they want to make it into F1... 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

20210604_225648.thumb.jpg.06476ec3f7a84568e73937d34946c44d.jpg

Vips P2 & Pourchaire P4 :x

Shwartzman gets the reverse pole for the sprint race, but he's had a disappointing qualifying again. 

Lundgaard, Aitken, Samaia all given 3-spot grid penalties for impeding other drivers. 

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, nudge said:

How was it? I see that Vips won, so I'm already happy, but was the race good enough? 

A lot of drama in the first 10 laps but then not much in the second half to be honest.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

A lot of drama in the first 10 laps but then not much in the second half to be honest.

Cheers, will keep that in mind xD Planned to watch the replays of all F2 races on Monday as it's 24h of Nürburgring this weekend, but not going to waste my time if it's not worth it! So 10 laps of Sprint race 2 it is...

Do you cheer for any particular F2 driver this season? 

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, nudge said:

Cheers, will keep that in mind xD Planned to watch the replays of all F2 races on Monday as it's 24h of Nürburgring this weekend, but not going to waste my time if it's not worth it! So 10 laps of Sprint race 2 it is...

Do you cheer for any particular F2 driver this season? 

Not really, I don't catch much of it, F1 tends to take up enough time over a race weekend and then there's other things to do so I only really stick F2 on on a rare quiet weekend.

• Subscriber

Yes yes yes, Vips wins again - the feature race, nonetheless :D good race by Shwartzman, too. 

Pourchaire involved in an accident on the opening lap :|

Really hard to predict who'll win the title this season... 

• 2 months later...
  • Subscriber
24 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Yea, read about this earlier today. From what I've heard purely for money reasons? That's annoying. 

Yeah, purely financial reasons. That sucks. I don't think Fittipaldi is very good either, whereas Beckmann's quite a promising talent, so it sucks twice as much.

• Subscriber
On 05/09/2021 at 18:16, Eco said:

Why didn't F2 race in Netherlands? 

F3 was a good race, and it would have been nice to see F2 go at it as well. 

This is due to format changes this season, where they drive 3 races in a single weekend, with less race weekends, and F2 and F3 rotate as F1 support races. Hate it, absolutely awful.

1 minute ago, nudge said:

This is due to format changes this season, where they drive 3 races in a single weekend, with less race weekends, and F2 and F3 rotate as F1 support races. Hate it, absolutely awful.

Cheers, and I agree. That's shit. 

Archived