• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2020/21 - [10. Spieltag] - 4-7th December, 2020

football forum

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Eco said:

Leverkusen score to go up 1-0 on Schalke. 

Yes, it was an own goal by Thiaw. But given Leverkusen's dominance so far, I think that we will see a fair few more goals by them against Schalke.

18 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

If you look how long he takes to score this can definitely be seen as unsportsmanlike conduct, and is therefore rightfully punished by a booking. That you don't like this rule doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Should players be booked for doing tricks on the pitch as well then... it's completely harmless. 

I’m genuinely struggling to see how he’s received a yellow card. He hasn’t broken a single rule. Nothing states you have to score in a timely manner. What about keepers taking an age to pick a ball up? Or taking the ball into the corner to time waste for instance? 

• Subscriber

For causing serious injury to quite a few egos xD 

In all seriousness, I think a yellow in this case was given in order to de-escalate the situation and sort of appease our players. If it was a yellow for what was deemed to be unsportsmanlike conduct, then the goal would have been annulled as well. Which, frankly, would have been ridiculous. 

10 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I’m genuinely struggling to see how he’s received a yellow card. He hasn’t broken a single rule. Nothing states you have to score in a timely manner. What about keepers taking an age to pick a ball up? Or taking the ball into the corner to time waste for instance? 

The long time he took to score in an empty net has to be seen as extensive time wasting and is unsportsmanlike conduct as such. Will be punished like all extensive time wasting like e.g. taking too long for a goalie kick or kicking the ball away when the match is stopped, with a booking.

Personally I don't like this rule yet it exists.

9 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

The long time he took to score in an empty net has to be seen as extensive time wasting and is unsportsmanlike conduct as such. Will be punished like all extensive time wasting like e.g. taking too long for a goalie kick or kicking the ball away when the match is stopped, with a booking.

Aren’t those things specifically written within the rules though? Taking too long to take a goal kick or kicking the ball away negatively impacts the opposing team. There isn’t a shot clock that says a footballer must shoot within an allotted time. Having read @nudge tweet, seems the referee has stretched his interpretation of unsportsmanlike conduct. 

• Administrator

Don't agree with that booking at all.

The ball is still in play (as in not a dead-ball situation) so he has all the time he wants before a Bremen player comes over to try and stop him scoring. I'm failing to see the unsportsmanlike conduct here.

Why aren't players booked for 'time-wasting' (if this is what this is?) when they take the ball to the corner? Should they be? Is it always refs interpretation? 

It's Bremen's own fault for conceding the ball in such a precarious position so they only have themselves to blame.

49 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

You can't really compare it to time wasting as far as stopping the game from being restarted as the ball is in play. If it's time wasting, it's more similar to holding the ball in the corner which is completely allowed. Was it just the arrogance that's worthy of a booking as it's deemed as "unsportsmanlike"..? Where do you draw the line when it comes to how arrogantly a player is allowed to play on the pitch? A caution for a no look pass?

Selke should've been booked for his reaction in my opinion though.

EDIT: I did not read and then copy everything that Stan said....

• Subscriber
Just now, 6666 said:

You can't really compare it to time wasting as far as stopping the game from being restarted as the ball is in play. If it's time wasting, it's more similar to holding the ball in the corner which is completely allowed. Was it just the arrogance that's worthy of a booking as it's deemed as "unsportsmanlike"..? Where do you draw the line when it comes to how arrogantly a player is allowed to play on the pitch? A caution for a no look pass?

Selke should've been booked for his reaction in my opinion though.

Selke has been booked.

• Subscriber

Once again, for those who can't be bothered to read: Wamangituka wasn't booked for "unsportsmanlike conduct", "time wasting" or for the way he scored the goal - if that was the case, the goal would have been cancelled and Werder would have been given an indirect free kick. Both him and Selke were booked for getting into that little dispute afterwards, as that was the ref's attempt to deescalate the situation.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Once again, for those who can't be bothered to read: Wamangituka wasn't booked for "unsportsmanlike conduct", "time wasting" or for the way he scored the goal - if that was the case, the goal would have been cancelled and Werder would have been given an indirect free kick. Both him and Selke were booked for getting into that little dispute afterwards, as that was the ref's attempt to deescalate the situation.

I still don't know what he did in that little dispute xD 

All I see is Selke storming up to him, squares up to him right in his face, Wamangituka has his hands up and doesn't retaliate. Yet still gets booked!

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

I still don't know what he did in that little dispute xD 

All I see is Selke storming up to him, squares up to him right in his face, Wamangituka has his hands up and doesn't retaliate. Yet still gets booked!

Well, I assume that the referee understood why Werder players could have felt provoked by that, so chose to book both of them to keep everyone under control. Even Stuttgart manager admitted he could understand that.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Rebel Yelle said:

Would have enjoyed Pavlenka taking him out with a tackle for it. He knew what he was doing and was showing up Werder. Glad Selke got in his face.

My first thought actually was "if Wiese were still our keeper, Wamangituka would be on his way to the hospital" xD 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived