Reading vs Birmingham

EFL_League_Two_Logo.png

Tuesday 8th December, 2020
Grimsby vs Newport, 19.00
Scunthorpe vs Colchester, 19.00

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another huge game for us, Bristol City are always hard to predict but we should go into it full of confidence given our form and display at Brentford. If we come out of these next two matces with at least 4 points I may start to believe we'll be in genuine play off contention this season!

37 minutes ago, Storts said:

Glad to see that Leeds scumbag @Lucas has learnt his lesson and stayed out of these matters this time. 

xD

Nice to see them respond with some degree of decency after that farce on Saturday. 

Got a lot of time for QPR's celebration though. 

IMG_20201208_220558.thumb.jpg.e23d517f082ebdbe6108812552366543.jpg

• Subscriber
On 07/12/2020 at 14:46, Pyfish said:

Newport top of the table and we're in not great form. Padraig Amond will score his customary goal against us.

image.png.d558ddfd20ac3d3cbb2be8667ab4204c.png

Could have been a lot worse but again, we don't look like a team that is very together at the moment. And Amond got his goal. I miss that guy.

3 hours ago, Pyfish said:

image.png.d558ddfd20ac3d3cbb2be8667ab4204c.png

Could have been a lot worse but again, we don't look like a team that is very together at the moment. And Amond got his goal. I miss that guy.

It's easy to forget sometimes that a high profile character like Ian Holloway is at Grimsby sometimes. Does he still have the fans' backing him despite being so close to the danger zone?

• Subscriber
40 minutes ago, Lucas said:

It's easy to forget sometimes that a high profile character like Ian Holloway is at Grimsby sometimes. Does he still have the fans' backing him despite being so close to the danger zone?

Difficult to say really. There's a few on Twitter that are frustrated but it tends to be more aimed at the board rather than Holloway. Personally, I think it's been a testing time for all clubs and our situation isn't as dire as some corners of our fanbase are making it out to be. Holloway has said in the press that he's got a plan and held his hands up and said he made some mistakes in the summer transfer window.. I think we need to count our blessings really and realise we have a man at the helm who has contacts within the footballing world and somebody with a true footballing brain. I think our fans can be fickle (which clubs' fans aren't!) at the best of times but aren't really seeing the bigger picture. They expect instant results but with a club like ours, it's all about building slowly. Otherwise, we'll be throwing money around and putting ourselves in a worser position. The 'beef' with the board from fans doesn't seem to be helping the lads on the pitch either. Seen a few higher profile fans on Twitter who are saying they'd like us to get relegated which is just absurd considering how long we were in non-league for before and how it nearly crippled us financially.

4 hours ago, Pyfish said:

Difficult to say really. There's a few on Twitter that are frustrated but it tends to be more aimed at the board rather than Holloway. Personally, I think it's been a testing time for all clubs and our situation isn't as dire as some corners of our fanbase are making it out to be. Holloway has said in the press that he's got a plan and held his hands up and said he made some mistakes in the summer transfer window.. I think we need to count our blessings really and realise we have a man at the helm who has contacts within the footballing world and somebody with a true footballing brain. I think our fans can be fickle (which clubs' fans aren't!) at the best of times but aren't really seeing the bigger picture. They expect instant results but with a club like ours, it's all about building slowly. Otherwise, we'll be throwing money around and putting ourselves in a worser position. The 'beef' with the board from fans doesn't seem to be helping the lads on the pitch either. Seen a few higher profile fans on Twitter who are saying they'd like us to get relegated which is just absurd considering how long we were in non-league for before and how it nearly crippled us financially.

The whole wishing for relegation to sort the club out is a bit of a myth. Just ask Notts County. It's not been plain sailing there.

It's more than possible to survive and turn the club around. For what it's worth, at least Southend are a good bet to sew up one place.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived