• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cyberpunk

football forum

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 15/12/2020 at 18:10, Dr. Gonzo said:

Apparently it’s great (though a bit buggy) if you’re not on the original Xbox One, PS4 or Xbox One S. On those it’s supposed to be dogshit. PS4 Pro and Xbox One X can apparently run it alright but not great, it’s the latest gen of consoles that plays it best.

But all of them are shite compared to how it runs on PC.

They are catching a lot of heat for releasing it on the original “last gen” of consoles in such a terrible state.

Pretty much what I heard as well. PC is buggy but very good, but not to bother with the PS4 and Xbox One versions altogether. 

This will likely be released as an actual PS5 and Xbox Series game at some point (didn't realise it was PC and previous gen only). 

1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Pretty much what I heard as well. PC is buggy but very good, but not to bother with the PS4 and Xbox One versions altogether. 

This will likely be released as an actual PS5 and Xbox Series game at some point (didn't realise it was PC and previous gen only). 

My wife got me a Xbox physical copy.

Here’s how badly they managed to fuck it up: installation comes on 2 Blu-ray discs... second disc cannot be read by my Xbox at all. I googled the problem and saw it was surprisingly common with no real fix at all.

Returned it after a few days of futility in trying to get it installed.

I’ve never seen a company like CDPR destroy all the goodwill it established just a few years ago with a very successful release the way this game has.

I honestly can’t remember a game launch going so poorly for a AAA title. Maybe No Man’s Sky? Either way, if I can’t even trust a game to have a working installation... my ability to care about their next game or the patches they release for this one is pretty fucking low.

I’ll probably play this when it comes around to gamepass after a few years and has been patched.

It doesn’t reflect great on them that all of their good games have come from when they had source material to work with... and when they’ve gone off on their own for a wholly original IP it’s one of the worst launches in the history of gaming.

6 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

My wife got me a Xbox physical copy.

Here’s how badly they managed to fuck it up: installation comes on 2 Blu-ray discs... second disc cannot be read by my Xbox at all. I googled the problem and saw it was surprisingly common with no real fix at all.

Returned it after a few days of futility in trying to get it installed.

I’ve never seen a company like CDPR destroy all the goodwill it established just a few years ago with a very successful release the way this game has.

I honestly can’t remember a game launch going so poorly for a AAA title. Maybe No Man’s Sky? Either way, if I can’t even trust a game to have a working installation... my ability to care about their next game or the patches they release for this one is pretty fucking low.

I’ll probably play this when it comes around to gamepass after a few years and has been patched.

It doesn’t reflect great on them that all of their good games have come from when they had source material to work with... and when they’ve gone off on their own for a wholly original IP it’s one of the worst launches in the history of gaming.

That's very poor.

When others fuck it up, the game can at least run. No Man's Sky was a fuck up because of all the false promises that were made, but it ran. That's just on another level, especially as it's common. 

CD Projekt are essentially planning a relaunch late June, where they anticipate everything to be fixed and DLC's to be implemented. Lot of things were apparently cut from the final product, which upset some developers. Some weren't even a fan of Keanu Reaves playing Johnny Silverhand and he was initially supposed to be played by Cillian Murphy. 

Aside the bugs, I think its a very good game. Main story line is FAAAAAR too short and I don't want to spoil anything but playing the game, after beating the main story line, just leaves a dark cloud over the rest of the experience. Those who have beat it know what I am talking about. Hoping the DLCs fix this issue. 

22 minutes ago, Cicero said:

CD Projekt are essentially planning a relaunch late June, where they anticipate everything to be fixed and DLC's to be implemented. Lot of things were apparently cut from the final product, which upset some developers. Some weren't even a fan of Keanu Reaves playing Johnny Silverhand and he was initially supposed to be played by Cillian Murphy. 

Aside the bugs, I think its a very good game. Main story line is FAAAAAR too short and I don't want to spoil anything but playing the game, after beating the main story line, just leaves a dark cloud over the rest of the experience. Those who have beat it know what I am talking about. Hoping the DLCs fix this issue. 

If anything, I'd rather wait for a PS5/Xbox Series X version now. Even after patches, fixes and everything else, I'd be wary of buying the PS4/Xbox One version. 

1 minute ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

If anything, I'd rather wait for a PS5/Xbox Series X version now. Even after patches, fixes and everything else, I'd be wary of buying the PS4/Xbox One version. 

I have it on PS4 and some of the bugs I've seen have been truly hilarious. Still playable though and some reactions are well over the top. 

• Subscriber

I start it this weekend on PC. I dont really care much for what the reviewers say because I even played NMS but my god after playing it I had to send it back to Steam. I hear its doing good things now but I wont touch that thing even if it gets a Platinum award. 

15 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I start it this weekend on PC. I dont really care much for what the reviewers say because I even played NMS but my god after playing it I had to send it back to Steam. I hear its doing good things now but I wont touch that thing even if it gets a Platinum award. 

Complete as many side gigs as you can before finishing the main story line. 

• 3 months later...
  • Subscriber
19 hours ago, Cicero said:

Anyone else manage to play it with all the new patches yet?

Been playing other games havent bothered to go back but I am hearing good things.

6 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Been playing other games havent bothered to go back but I am hearing good things.

Same for me, played it at Xmas and gave up after a few hours, will go back to it at some point but other games took my interest.

5 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

How’s the search coming along?

Not really searching in general. 

I have had a few Amazon vouchers recently and can get the non-digital PS5 for nearly half price, so I'm kinda stuck there really. 

They are expecting stock from Monday mind, so might be worth a check when I possibly can (provided they don't sell out in one second). 

2 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Not really searching in general. 

I have had a few Amazon vouchers recently and can get the non-digital PS5 for nearly half price, so I'm kinda stuck there really. 

They are expecting stock from Monday mind, so might be worth a check when I possibly can (provided they don't sell out in one second). 

I managed to snag a Xbox Series X online a few weeks back. It's not quite as high in demand as the PS5... but here both consoles have been in huge demand with stock that seemingly goes away in seconds.

But it took a bit of effort. Not from me, because I have very limited patience with shite like this and seeing it sell out quick was irritating so I only tried once. My wife, however, got a notification they were back in stock from twitter and sat trying to add the console to her cart for at least an hour and a half. She would sit there hitting the add to cart button then pushing F5 to refresh. Amazon, here at least, as well as other retailers seem to release their online stock in batches. I think it was every 15 minutes it would go from "out of stock" to "in stock" - but it would sell out quick again.

Either people gave up, or she got very lucky.... but her method worked.

• Subscriber

Is the UK allowing imports from Asia? If so, try some asian vendors for it. Granted the S&H costs might be a bit but if you really want a PS5 its a possible route.

2 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Is the UK allowing imports from Asia? If so, try some asian vendors for it. Granted the S&H costs might be a bit but if you really want a PS5 its a possible route.

I'd have thought so, though it'd be checked before being allowed. 

Most likely cost a fair bit more mind and while I am interested, it's not to the point where I must get it at all costs. 

• Subscriber
55 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I'd have thought so, though it'd be checked before being allowed. 

Most likely cost a fair bit more mind and while I am interested, it's not to the point where I must get it at all costs. 

It took a bad bash for all the issues it had when it released. Granted the PC issues were far less than the console ones just because folks in the community stepped up and offered solutions but I'd imagine months later and with the proverbial gun to the development teams heads they've gotten around to fixing most of them.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got about 10 hours in and the game has some truly stunning, groundbreaking moments, but as a whole it just doesn't have that x factor that keeps me playing. Somehow I feel like the RPG-type gameplay doesn't really gel well with the story. Feels like it should be a pure action game.

3 hours ago, Panflute said:

I got about 10 hours in and the game has some truly stunning, groundbreaking moments, but as a whole it just doesn't have that x factor that keeps me playing. Somehow I feel like the RPG-type gameplay doesn't really gel well with the story. Feels like it should be a pure action game.

Is that the bugs or the actual game? :ph34r:

Archived