talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Would you buy your club?

football forum

Let's all take a moment to pretend we're all seriously minted. Would you buy your club?

Don't think I would. I would like to get into a local lower league side though. Try and get it up the National League System, hopefully into the English Football League and then who knows.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't buy Arsenal because I like to play the game and I'd want to win by earning from it as much as possible.  I would buy another club though and be a Kroenke type figure by withdrawing as much as possible while associating my name with a decent brandname.

As much as I love Preston, absolutely not. It would just be a complete waste of time and money. I certainly wouldn't be prepared to spend the money that it would take to turn them into an established Premier League club, paying crazy salaries, and probably still being disliked by a large number of fans. What would be the point. 

I would buy a box at Deepdale but that's it. 

I would be more likely to buy nearby Bamber Bridge FC who currently play in the 8th tier of the football pyramid. Even then I'm not sure whether I'd want to get involved in football ownership in the first place. 

I would buy Vitesse Arnhem and turn it back to its former glory and bring its identity back, i will sack anyone who had anything to do with the take over by Roman Abramovich, i will restore their own youth system as well as bringing a brand back to the club.  I would do a Johan structure of club like at Ajax.  

• Subscriber

I don't think we need it. I think we've gotten dead lucky with these owners. That said if they ever moved on I would go for it. I'd get good advisers to help me really settle, then get another tier put on the Kop and East Stand, convert the lower half of the Kop to standing, bin the clappers, put some real focus on the academy and watch the trophies roll in.

I'd strongly consider buying Perth Glory. Maybe not 100% ownership, but if I was seriously minted I would want to financially back them in some way or another. Would probably remain a little hands-off due to strong emotional attachment that would probably interfere with business and player decisions. Would like some say in matters though (marketing, and hiring decisions).

Definitely, i would and firstly i would give the promising youngsters life contracts and then i would only sell the average players, no more selling wonderkinds, not for peanuts not for 100 fucking million.

No because it's a waste of money. The rich should only be focused on 3 things with their money, helping those in need, helping to create wealth for those in need and putting their money to good use for their own wealth. This doesn't do the first, doesn't do the second efficiently and wouldn't do the third at all. For all of the economic plus sides such as increased transactions on local travel, at local pubs etc the downside has become way too big and is acting like a vacuum sucking up potential wealth creation in the local community and driving private debt levels. 

10 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

No because it's a waste of money. The rich should only be focused on 3 things with their money, helping those in need, helping to create wealth for those in need and putting their money to good use for their own wealth. This doesn't do the first, doesn't do the second efficiently and wouldn't do the third at all. For all of the economic plus sides such as increased transactions on local travel, at local pubs etc the downside has become way too big and is acting like a vacuum sucking up potential wealth creation in the local community and driving private debt levels. 

What if you were a billionaire? I'm assuming we would be really rich and I'd be donating to charities and investing my money as well as putting something into my local side. However, a premier league club would definitely be a waste. To contribute to an A-league club is probably only a hundredth of an EPL club investment. 

24 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Agreed that's a very good summary. 

If I had that money available to me I would be far more focused on all sorts of charity work in Lancashire, Mexico and India (I'm British-Indian) especially which would involve a lot more time and effort than just writing cheques, helping out my family in anyway possible, managing a property portfolio, and having fun travelling, attending major sporting events etc. 

Running a football club would be very low down my list of priorities. 

To be honest it would be a dream come true being a fan. I would not go all FM Manager on the club, i would always look to have a financially stable club, i would also look for a long term future. Promote the youth and look after the fans who spend their well earned money to help the club grow.

9 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

How would you help the fans mate?

Reduce the ticket prices to a reasonable amount for starters, make it affordable to the working class not just tourists. The fans would be able to voice their opinion and it would be taken seriously. Basically a club should be close to the fans, without them clubs would have no purpose.

1 minute ago, True Blue said:

The fans would be able to voice their opinion and it would be taken seriously.

You're talking about a different type of club, one that you constantly criticise mate.  Unless you buy the club and take it off the stock exchange by returning it to the fans which would mean purchasing the entity and then bringing back the democratic ownership of the season ticket holders which own the club.  You could see yourself out of the presidency as you no longer own it.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

You're talking about a different type of club, one that you constantly criticise mate.  Unless you buy the club and take it off the stock exchange by returning it to the fans which would mean purchasing the entity and then bringing back the democratic ownership of the season ticket holders which own the club.  You could see yourself out of the presidency as you no longer own it.

What club Barcelona? 

3 minutes ago, True Blue said:

What club Barcelona? 

For example mate, or Athletic Bilbao, Real Madrid, Osasuna, Bayern Munich...  there are a few!

Seriously though mate...  You would buy a PLC and then hand it over to the people (the fans)?

I'd seriously rate you for that and this is no joke.

Just now, SirBalon said:

For example mate, or Athletic Bilbao, Real Madrid, Osasuna, Bayern Munich...  there are a few!

Seriously though mate...  You would buy a PLC and then hand it over to the people (the fans)?

I'd seriously rate you for that and this is no joke.

Wouldn't hand it to the fans, i would make the tickets affordable and create a fan board for big issues in the club. Obviously the owner has makes the final decision but would be keen to involve the fan s as much as possible. 

Archived