• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Alejandro Sabella Passes Away Aged 66

football forum

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Another figure in football passed away two days ago, the manager who took Argentina to the world Cup final 2014(bossing the world Cup qualifiers in the process) and having them play the best they ever did during the Messi era. Also played for Leeds at one point if I'm not mistaken @Lucas

R.I.P el profesor

RIP. Sabella also lead Estudiantes de la Plata to a Libertadores title in 2009 and his team almost beat Guardiola´s Barcelona at its peak. A great football mind. 

• The title was changed to Alejandro Sabella Passes Away Aged 66
2 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

RIP. Sabella also lead Estudiantes de la Plata to a Libertadores title in 2009 and his team almost beat Guardiola´s Barcelona at its peak. A great football mind. 

Yeah that was a great game as far as club world Cup finals go. It went to extra time with Messi scoring the winner for Barcelona. 

4 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Another figure in football passed away two days ago, the manager who took Argentina to the world Cup final 2014(bossing the world Cup qualifiers in the process) and having them play the best they ever did during the Messi era. Also played for Leeds at one point if I'm not mistaken @Lucas

R.I.P el profesor

Yes he did, he was a bit of a cult hero at Elland Road too, although he was before my time. He had a bit of flair about him.

But what about this for a picture in terms of a Leeds connection.

Sabella, playing for River Plate, taking on a young Marcelo Bielsa, playing for Newell's Old Boys in '76. 

IMG_20201210_224140.jpg.7a6cd4f53486f45fd00978b4ef60ff3a.jpg

6 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

R.I.P el profesor

Yes, he also represented Sheffield United for two seasons. He was an excellent manager though and a very intelligent man as well. 

R.I.P. Alejandro Sabella

Archived