talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2020/21 - [12. Spieltag] - 15-16th December, 2020

football forum

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dortmund played better but got bailed out by Pavlenka's bone-head challenge.  I'm not sure I'd have given that as a penalty in all honesty but that's just me. 

This is controversial I know but I'd like to see penalties that are saved be rewarded.  I think if the goalkeeper makes the save it should be a dead ball and a goal kick awarded.  Pavlenka's save was brilliant and he got burned because of where the rebound fell.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Coma said:

Dortmund played better but got bailed out by Pavlenka's bone-head challenge.  I'm not sure I'd have given that as a penalty in all honesty but that's just me. 

This is controversial I know but I'd like to see penalties that are saved be rewarded.  I think if the goalkeeper makes the save it should be a dead ball and a goal kick awarded.  Pavlenka's save was brilliant and he got burned because of where the rebound fell.

What if a team wanted to counter quickly?

Would a dead-ball situation not slow this down?

Just now, Stan said:

What if a team wanted to counter quickly?

Would a dead-ball situation not slow this down?

As I said, it's controversial... and yes that would obviously nix any counters.  I just hate to see easy tap-ins after the goalkeeper has done his job.  The odds are already stacked against him so why not reward his efforts.

I'd be curious to know what percentage of saved penalties end up as goals after the rebound.

3 minutes ago, Coma said:

As I said, it's controversial... and yes that would obviously nix any counters.  I just hate to see easy tap-ins after the goalkeeper has done his job.  The odds are already stacked against him so why not reward his efforts.

I'd be curious to know what percentage of saved penalties end up as goals after the rebound.

But the ball is immediately live and in play from the second the spot kick is taken. That’s like saying stop the game everytime a save is made, just because of where the ball might land. 

Genuinely awful call.

2 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

But the ball is immediately live and in play from the second the spot kick is taken. That’s like saying stop the game everytime a save is made, just because of where the ball might land. 

Genuinely awful call.

Agree, still you could introduce the rule that the rebound after a saved penalty has to be played by a player, who was outside the box, when the penalty was taken to prevent the player, who initially took the penalty from taking the rebound too. Now that I wrote it down, I don't like this idea, neither.

15 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Agree, still you could introduce the rule that the rebound after a saved penalty has to be played by a player, who was outside the box, when the penalty was taken to prevent the player, who initially took the penalty from taking the rebound too. Now that I wrote it down, I don't like this idea, neither.

I think the issues then becomes that the player who takes the spot kick could be offside or interfering with player if he’s in any way blocking the keeper. It’ll become a minefield.

4 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Genuinely awful call.

Was it not clear that a penalty is already a deadball situation?  At no point did I say stop play when any save is made.  

What is clear is that no one likes this idea, so I'll bin it xD

2 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Safe to say it'll be 28 matches without a single win for Schalke, they're 0-2 down at home versus Freiburg with 1 minute plus added time to go. Starting to wonder whether they will indeed equalize or even overtake Tasmania Berlin's record of 31 matches without a win.

Pretty dismal run... The last time they got a win nobody had heard of the word Corona it's been that long... 

Schalke. when they won their last game, no one cared about corona.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived