• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

XBOX ONE X

football forum

Xbox Scorpio Final Spec

• CPU has eight custom x86 cores clocked at 2.3GHz
  • GPU has 40 customised compute units clocked at 1172GHz
  • A total of 12GB of GGDR5 RAM
  • 1TB 2.5 inch hard drive as standard (50 percent faster than the Xbox One)

Xbox Scorpio vs PlayStation 4 Pro - The Battle is About to Begin

Xbox Scorpio is said to pack in 6 teraflops of computing power compared to the PS4 Pro's 4.2 Teraflops. 

PS4 Pro comes with a standard Blu-ray drive, meaning it can't play Ultra HD Blu-ray movies. Since the Xbox One S comes with an Ultra HD Blu-ray drive as standard, it's expected that the Xbox Scorpio will also feature the more modern drive needed to play 4K Blu-rays. While the adoption of 4K Blu-rays hasn’t been rapid, with standard Blu-ray being by far the market leader for HD content, the Scorpio’s ability to play these discs will be a plus point in its battle against PS4 Pro. 

This isn’t just a console for 4K TV owners, though. Games developed for Scorpio will have customisable graphics settings for all types of displays, so even if you only have a 1080p TV you’ll still be able to ask your Scorpio to render everything in UHD and then downscale it to 1080p for the sharpest gaming experience you’ve ever seen. Or, for better performance, you could just amp up the graphics settings but keep the resolution at 1080p.

In other words, this is a PC in console’s clothing.

The exclusive deep dive from Digital Foundry on the tech specs of the Xbox Scorpio doesn’t give us much more of an insight into how the Scorpio will compete with the PS4 Pro in the games we’ll be playing later this year and beyond, but we do know that like the PS4 Pro, the Scorpio will be able to make use checkerboarding. This will be used to boost the resolution of games that fall beneath 900p on Xbox One. Xbox One games that currently render at 1080p should be able to be converted to run at native 4k without too much trouble - demonstrated by Microsoft showing Digital Foundry Forza 6 running on Scorpio at 4K.  

It remains to be seen how much of a difference there will be between third-party games running on PS4 Pro and Xbox Scorpio. While Scorpio offers more brute power, a PS4 Pro game running at checkerboard 4K will likely look very similar to an Xbox Scorpio game running at native 4K. It’s possible that developers will choose to render their games using the checkerboard technique in order to reach the 4K output, then use the spare processing power to add more visual effects - we’ll just have to wait and see how each dev chooses to use the console’s power. 

Interesting :35_thinking:  ..anyone thinking about getting one? think the price is about £499

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Spike said:

As useless as a man's tampon if it has nothing worth playing.

Say what now?? xD  ...Xbox has 90% of the best games, it's Microsoft ffs!!  ..100's of great games and 360 games work on it too

19 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Say what now?? xD  ...Xbox has 90% of the best games, it's Microsoft ffs!!  ..100's of great games and 360 games work on it too

What games?

Just now, Happy Blue said:

Can you not work google ffs? :coffee:   ..they are going to port some of the best PC games over to Scorpio too with it basically being a mid level PC 

I already own a high-end PC. Why do I need to spend £600 on something that offers me nothing? 

Just now, Happy Blue said:

You dont :coffee:   ...snob! :ph34r:

Exactly, so what does this machine offer anyone besides being really expensive? I can play 360 games on my 360 and I can play PC games on my PC. Does it have any exclusives? I own an XbOne and I own two games, it is covered in dust while I still use my PS3.

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Exactly, so what does this machine offer anyone besides being really expensive? I can play 360 games on my 360 and I can play PC games on my PC. Does it have any exclusives? I own an XbOne and I own two games, it is covered in dust while I still use my PS3.

The xbox one has better games than the ps3/4 to start with, yes it will have exclusives as well as the standard xbox one games being able to work on it but with better graphics and performance and the new games for it will be PC quality ....why do i need to spend 4k on a PC again when the Scorpion will do it for £500, is portable and also a multi media centre with a Ultra HD Blu-ray drive??  ...no, you can stick that joy stick right up your fanny mate 

47 minutes ago, Harry said:

What is this exactly?  A full new console  (i.e nintendo switch) or just a refined iteration of the existing xbox 1 system? 

A more powerful version of the latter. £500 (if true) is pricey for what is effectively a more powerful version of a four year old console.

The main concern is how games will need to be made. Will it need to be able to run on previous Xbox One models (meaning that you aren't going to see it's full potential) or will it go down the 3DS route a little and have games 'for Xbox Scorpio only (thus pissing off a decent chunk of the owner base)?

1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

A more powerful version of the latter. £500 (if true) is pricey for what is effectively a more powerful version of a four year old console.

The main concern is how games will need to be made. Will it need to be able to run on previous Xbox One models (meaning that you aren't going to see it's full potential) or will it go down the 3DS route a little and have games 'for Xbox Scorpio only (thus pissing off a decent chunk of the owner base)?

To buy a PC of that spec you are looking at £600+  ..it's basically a PC in a tiny box as they put it,  will also pack 12GB GDDR5 RAM and Polaris GPU 

2 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Day one purchase for me, really excited to see what Microsoft bring to the table.

I think i will be in the queue with you  ..the fact it up scales your TV and Xbox One games as well as plays Ultra HD Blu-ray, Netflix will never have looked so good outside a 4k TV or high spec PC  ..the Scorpio games are going to be out of this world, it's been confirmed that PC games like Star Citizen would run on it (don't think they would port it being PC snobs) but shows the power it has 

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

It's strongly rumoured that there will be Scorpio exclusives.

And this is where it's concerning. It's effectively giving a big middle finger to the current owner base and, seeing as it's Microsoft, I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of the main games are 'for Scorpio only' and eventually forces you to buy it.

20 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

To buy a PC of that spec you are looking at £600+  ..it's basically a PC in a tiny box as they put it,  will also pack 12GB GDDR5 RAM and Polaris GPU 

If you're a first time owner then fair enough (I just think £500 for a console, especially as it's an upgraded console rather than a brand new one, is very pricey).

However, if you already have an Xbox One and are buying Scorpio (As you and Cannabis mentioned above), you'll have spent £900+ (assuming you bought the original at launch). You could get a good PC for that.

On the subject of PC's. What does a top of the line PC in a house look like these days? 

I have an old standard desktop computer as need to upgrade but i guess now i should be looking at some freaky deaky portable-ass laptop, tablet thingy that works in every room,  is completely wireless,  and projects images onto a wall...?

I need to buy a new one but don't have a good study room and have no idea what the modern household computer looks like now...

2 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Cheers. I can see the problem with that for sure. 

6 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

And this is where it's concerning. It's effectively giving a big middle finger to the current owner base and, seeing as it's Microsoft, I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of the main games are 'for Scorpio only' and eventually forces you to buy it.

If you're a first time owner then fair enough (I just think £500 for a console, especially as it's an upgraded console rather than a brand new one, is very pricey).

However, if you already have an Xbox One and are buying Scorpio (As you and Cannabis mentioned above), you'll have spent £900+ (assuming you bought the original at launch). You could get a good PC for that.

From what i've read the Scorpio is far more than just and upgraded One, it will have it's own games as well as being able to run the Xbox One games (which it will upscale) ..for the games they will make a Scorpio version and a down scaled One version from what i've read

I think the price is good if it's £500 with the hardware its packing, how much is a UHD Blue ray player?  ..i could sell my One for about £150 so knock that off the £500 and it will only set me back £350 for what is basically a £600 PC 

2 hours ago, Cannabis said:

The Scorpio is quite literally the next generation from Microsoft, the price is justified because of how big an upgrade it will be. 

PlayStation are rumoured to have yet another console in the works to hit back but for me Sony don't have a clue when it comes to games, they are leaps and bounds behind Xbox despite what the press will have you believe.

Think the next Sony is out in 2019 for the 25th anniversary so maybe in 2 years sony will have a machine that come close to what Microsoft are doing now B|

11 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

The xbox one has better games than the ps3/4 to start with, yes it will have exclusives as well as the standard xbox one games being able to work on it but with better graphics and performance and the new games for it will be PC quality ....why do i need to spend 4k on a PC again when the Scorpion will do it for £500, is portable and also a multi media centre with a Ultra HD Blu-ray drive??  ...no, you can stick that joy stick right up your fanny mate 

What exclusives? Halo 18 same as the last game? 

I don't really care about what multimedia stuff it can do, I don't care about what the controller looks like, and I don't care who manufacturers it. I don't watch Blu-Rays and I have bucket load of other devices that can play Netflix. What I want to know is why it's a good gaming console. I don't give a toss how powerful it is, or how pretty it makes games look, if it doesn't have any worthwhile exclusives it's worthless.  Every time I ask about games all I get is fanboy nonsense like 'duurrr Xbox has da best games!'

I still play my SNES because it's fun.

32 minutes ago, Spike said:

What exclusives? Halo 18 same as the last game? 

Microsoft are behind all the best games and sometimes they are kind enough to let that car stero company Sony have a few of them to help them out  ...Exclusive to Xbox :- too many to remember but to name a few you cant play anywhere else   ...then when the Scoprio arrives you would have to seriously down scale them games to port over to Sony's best machine   

Quantum Break

Ryse Son Of Rome (what a fuckin epic game that is)

Rise of Tomb Raider

TitanFall

Forza (best racing games by far)

Dead Rising 3 & 4

Gears Of War

Crackdown

state of decay

Halo

Halo Wars

Sun Set Overdrive

Phantom Dust

Sea Of Thieves