talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

XBOX ONE X

football forum

LOL Phantom Dust, an Xbox game that no-one played 15 years ago, that is like Sony advertising Chrono Cross. Nearly all of those are on bloody PC, that isn't exclusive! xD So really the list is:

Halo

Sunset Overdrive

Fuck me I've seen some fanboy shit in my life but you friendo take that cake. xD I've also played Ryse, it's worse than Devil May Cry that came out in 2001 and God of War that came out in 2004. In over a decade they can make a pretty game but a shit one to play. xD

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Spike said:

LOL Phantom Dust, an Xbox game that no-one played 15 years ago, that is like Sony advertising Chrono Cross. Nearly all of those are on bloody PC, that isn't exclusive! xD So really the list is:

Halo

Sunset Overdrive

Fuck me I've seen some fanboy shit in my life but you friendo take that cake. xD I've also played Ryse, it's worse than Devil May Cry that came out in 2001 and God of War that came out in 2004. In over a decade they can make a pretty game but a shit one to play. xD

I can see why your ancestors was dragged on to a boat and fucked off to the other side of the world xD   ...you know full well Xbox has all the other games too like Fifa, Mass Effect, Bio Shock, Elite, Resident Evil, GTA, Skyrim, COD, Fall Out, Dark Souls, Battlefield, Fight Night, Madden, Far Cry, Destiny, Xcom, Prey, Rugby League Live  ...we would be here all week listing good games for Xbox B|

13 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

I can see why your ancestors was dragged on to a boat and fucked off to the other side of the world xD   .

Mate, you really seem to struggle to understand what the word 'exclusive' means, I know you Mancs don't speak English as a first language but I'll post the definition for you:

an item or story published or broadcast by only one source

I can play all those on PC or PS3, PS4, and in some cases 360 (four is a larger number than one, remember what the Count taught you?). The main selling point of a console is that it does what the others don't. What does the One have that others don't? Halo and Sunset Overdrive, that is okay for some people but that doesn't interest me. PS4 has one exclusive that interests me; Bloodborne but again not enough for me to shell out the cash. I've even opted in the past to buy games that are released on the Xbox One on my PS3 because they were cheaper (I really don't care about graphics).

You're on here spouting nonsense like a Microsoft employee trying to sell units but you can't even give coherent reasons why the Xbox is superior. All your argument could be replaces by the words 'PS4' or 'Nintendo' and they'd be exactly the same. xD

For instance look at this: ..you know full well Playstation has all the other games too like Fifa, Mass Effect, Bio Shock, Elite, Resident Evil, GTA, Skyrim, COD, Fall Out, Dark Souls, Battlefield, Fight Night, Madden, Far Cry, Destiny, Xcom, Prey, Rugby League Live  ...we would be here all week listing good games for PlaystationB|

35 minutes ago, Spike said:

Mate, you really seem to struggle to understand what the word 'exclusive' means, I know you Mancs don't speak English as a first language but I'll post the definition for you:

an item or story published or broadcast by only one source

I can play all those on PC or PS3, PS4, and in some cases 360 (four is a larger number than one, remember what the Count taught you?). The main selling point of a console is that it does what the others don't. What does the One have that others don't? Halo and Sunset Overdrive, that is okay for some people but that doesn't interest me. PS4 has one exclusive that interests me; Bloodborne but again not enough for me to shell out the cash. I've even opted in the past to buy games that are released on the Xbox One on my PS3 because they were cheaper (I really don't care about graphics).

You're on here spouting nonsense like a Microsoft employee trying to sell units but you can't even give coherent reasons why the Xbox is superior. All your argument could be replaces by the words 'PS4' or 'Nintendo' and they'd be exactly the same. xD

For instance look at this: ..you know full well Playstation has all the other games too like Fifa, Mass Effect, Bio Shock, Elite, Resident Evil, GTA, Skyrim, COD, Fall Out, Dark Souls, Battlefield, Fight Night, Madden, Far Cry, Destiny, Xcom, Prey, Rugby League Live  ...we would be here all week listing good games for PlaystationB|

We get it, you have a £4000 PC, Consoles are not aimed at you are they?    ...but PC's go out of date every 3 weeks so will you be able to play all the latest games without upgrading every 3 minutes like we will enjoy on the Scorpio for many years to come :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

We get it, you have a £4000 PC, Consoles are not aimed at you are they?    ...but PC's go out of date every 3 weeks so will you be able to play all the latest games without upgrading every 3 minutes like we will enjoy on the Scorpio for many years to come :ph34r:

My PC was USD$500. The only part I've replaced in three years is the GPU. You have no clue!

Just now, Happy Blue said:

Can it run Star Citizen?  ...i'm looking for a new PC too, mine wont run it xD   ...only paid £470 for it though

Well no, I can't run a game that isn't released yet! Build it yourself mate, and shop around looking for rebates and deals. Chances are you can knock off a solid $200 if you buy at the right place. I know it isn't convenient like a console (trust me I do love consoles but I haven't paid for one since the PS3) but even if my PC can't benchmark on max settings on a game they are usually pretty enough at medium settings. I don't particularly care about graphics as long as the game is fun.

I can see the worth in a One or a Scorpio if I didn't own a PC but it would just be a colossal waste of money for me.

I always preferred the Playstation, though really there's not much difference between Xbox and PS.

If I were to stop travelling I'd most likely buy a computer instead as they're better than consoles.

Only ever really played Fifa, GTA, Red Dead Redemption, Mafia and The Last Of Us.

5 minutes ago, Spike said:

Well no, I can't run a game that isn't released yet! Build it yourself mate, and shop around looking for rebates and deals. Chances are you can knock off a solid $200 if you buy at the right place. I know it isn't convenient like a console (trust me I do love consoles but I haven't paid for one since the PS3) but even if my PC can't benchmark on max settings on a game they are usually pretty enough at medium settings. I don't particularly care about graphics as long as the game is fun.

I can see the worth in a One or a Scorpio if I didn't own a PC but it would just be a colossal waste of money for me.

You can still play it in beta (well, if my PC wasn't crap i could LoL needs a huge amount of RAM ) hope they finish the game, Squadron 48 is coming out this year sometime.  ..last time a built a PC it stopped working after 12mths xD  i was running a snipe copy of windows though

I have my Xbox with the TV in the front room as a multi media center for Blu Rays, Netflixs, Music etc with the surround system running through it, as well as the PC i have all 3 Xboxes, every PlayStation apart from the PS4 which i sold and an Amiga somewhere too  Ha

1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

You can still play it in beta (well, if my PC wasn't crap i could LoL needs a huge amount of RAM ) hope they finish the game, Squadron 48 is coming out this year sometime.  ..last time a built a PC it stopped working after 12mths xD  i was running a snipe copy of windows though

I have my Xbox with the TV in the front room as a multi media center for Blu Rays, Netflixs, Music etc with the surround system running through it, as well as the PC i have all 3 Xboxes, every PlayStation apart from the PS4 which i sold and an Amiga somewhere too  Ha

Luckily I know people with Windows keys so I don't have to pay for them. Still running ol' Seven. Stateside I have a PS3, Dreamcast (I can play every game on it because they have no anti-piracy software/hardware), SNES, and an Xbone (brother-in-law's really). I have a lot more games on the PS3, a lot I haven't even finished so I still play that a lot. Back home I had a Gamcube, PS2, N64, and PS1. Gotta say the days of the PS1 and PS2 were king. If I had the choice between Xbox and the PS4, I'd probably have picked the later mainly due to Bloodborne and a couple of other games like Persona 5. Though, it's splitting hairs really, they aren't that different besides one or two games. The PS3 and PSP had the best interface of all time due to it's simplicity, I don't know why Sony changed it. I hate the Xbone's UI.

• Subscriber

11 hours ago, Spike said:

If I had the choice between Xbox and the PS4, I'd probably have picked the later mainly due to Bloodborne and a couple of other games like Persona 5. Though, it's splitting hairs really, they aren't that different besides one or two games. The PS3 and PSP had the best interface of all time due to it's simplicity, I don't know why Sony changed it. I hate the Xbone's UI.

One of my favorites from a fun standpoint this year was Persona 5. Bloodborne is a master piece that I enjoyed playing as well but I still like the Soul games more they felt a lot more rewarding after you kill a boss.

3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

£50 cheaper than expected. 

I'm happy with the price, this is a new console don't forget and when the Xbox One released it was £429. It means we are only being charged £31 extra for a console that can potentially open up so many new doors.

:ph34r:

It depends on perception I guess. While I can't deny that it's powerful, it just feels like a more powerful upgrade of the existing One (much like the Pro for PS4) which, because it'll need to have parity with the original One, won't feel like a new console.

I will say that though I'm not really fussed on the One, I would go for X in the first instance (after a price drop of course).

• Subscriber

Im not convinced with either of the big names at this conference. Xbox was lack-luster and Sony was just as bad because it just took what everyone already knew and moved it into a presentation which didn't do much. The new Xbox has serious potential and will sell based on multi-platform games but I saw nothing in terms of wow on it that I hadn't already read or heard about. And that price-point is rather fair for a console release but its just a hardware upgrade at this point with backporting which I am sure they'll have to work much harder on in 2018 considering devs aren't exactly lining up at their door to make great games. 

Was it just me or is M$ really trying hard to get into 'tournament' style gaming based on that presentation? 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Like it or not ESports is becoming massive so I wouldn't be surprised to see Microsoft attempt to lead the way and tap into that market. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm fairly sure both FIFA and COD ESports are played using an Xbox.  

Depends on the country really. If its Europe I believe its XBox. In Asia they do most esports on a PS4 and most EVO tournaments use a Playstation as well. I think I even saw one weird fighting tournament (Crash?) using Sony consoles as well. 

Although IMO the console really doesn't matter unless its a team tournament because most pro players can't stand any kind of lag and most tournament organizers try and avoid it as much as possible.

I'm going to get one of these, because while the Xbox doesn't have many exclusives compared to the PS4, I'm a big fan of Halo & Gears if War. And I just use a shite laptop for working on stuff so I don't really have a PC that can handle anything. I'm looking forward to some games patched for the new resolution - particularly The Witcher 3.

• 3 months later...
  • Subscriber
4 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Mrs. C has pre-ordered this for my birthday (Nov 8th). Absolute scenes when I heard the news.

Champion stuff from your mrs. I'm getting one when the new Metro comes out. Been a very very long time since I bought an XBox. 

5 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Mrs. C has pre-ordered this for my birthday (Nov 8th). Absolute scenes when I heard the news.

Good lad, basically a £1000 gaming PC for half the price  ..be rude not too!  ..will be getting one in the new year for sure B|

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Welcome back to the master race B|

The only reason to get an XBox for me is that it has some titles (maybe 1 or 2 a year) that I really want to play. Otherwise the people from Japan have a much better library imo and far more  games that I am interested in playing. 

3 hours ago, Mel81x said:

The only reason to get an XBox for me is that it has some titles (maybe 1 or 2 a year) that I really want to play. Otherwise the people from Japan have a much better library imo and far more  games that I am interested in playing. 

Sony have more games for kids, that's it, you can play nearly all the triple A games on the Xbox and some good ones you can't play on the sony machine. And with the power of the one x you will be getting some pc ports in the future that won't even run on the limited gaystation 

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Sony have more games for kids, that's it, you can play nearly all the triple A games on the Xbox and some good ones you can't play on the sony machine. And with the power of the one x you will be getting some pc ports in the future that won't even run on the limited gaystation 

Alright now I know you're on the windup. Can you name some triple A XB or XBO exclusive titles for me? Sorry, I really don't know and would like to see what I am missing here. If its Halo, Gears or Forza then I don't really care much for them but anything else sure. 

Archived