talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leeds 5-2 Newcastle - Wednesday 16th December, 2020

football forum

• The title was changed to Leeds 5-2 Newcastle - Wednesday 16th December, 2020
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are highly unlikely to progress in the league under Bruce. Even with this big spending. 12th-15th again. Third year of no progress. Pundit class think that's good.

Our season is about the cups now. Brentford in the League Cup quarters is huge. Season could be over on 9th January when we play Arsenal in FA Cup.

9 minutes ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

We are highly unlikely to progress in the league under Bruce. Even with this big spending. 12th-15th again. Third year of no progress. Pundit class think that's good.

Our season is about the cups now. Brentford in the League Cup quarters is huge. Season could be over on 9th January when we play Arsenal in FA Cup.

You’ll be thankful that we’ll most likely play a second string team for the cup game

That was a deserved win, but it took a long time till it actually went that way. We don't 'alf make hard work of things when they should be much more straight forward.

We missed too many chances initially and without being under that much pressure conceded two bog standard goals.

But, we showed good character to keep going. I think Newcastle found it difficult to keep pace with the fitness and pressing, those legs just went near the end.

The fact we made it 4-2 so quickly after the third was what knocked the stuffing out of them.

We have a couple more of these type games coming up where you can imagine the pattern of play will be similar, so we need to start finding that bit of clinicality to kill teams off earlier.

• The topic was unpinned
5 hours ago, Berserker said:

He's very good, very objective and unbiased like Vito and other commentators i've heard in Espn, i don't think i remember hearing any dumbasses there.

I experienced him for the first time singing about Biesla just this last Leeds game.

4 hours ago, Spike said:

I experienced him for the first time singing about Biesla just this last Leeds game.

Good, definitely does a great job. Now that i think about it i think they referenced Tim Vickery once, that's a A Good evening to you Mr Elephant, so minus points for that.

Archived