talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Crystal Palace 0-7 Liverpool - Saturday 19th December, 2020

football forum

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats the gears I mentioned before in the Can Spurs win the title thread.

If you're going to get Liverpool and City start stepping up another level like that, they will leave the others behind. Liverpool certainly will anyway.

And yet, funny what could have happened if Ayew had actually squared to Zaha to tap in at 1-0.

• Subscriber
51 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Missus just asked if I want a can of 7 up from the shops before we enter tier 4 🙄

Remember when United beat Arsenal 8-2, this was floating around the net " I would 82B Arsenal" or words to that effect xD

Absolutely wonderful. Six out of those seven goals were brilliant, so nice to see the lads be that clinical. Sorts our goal difference out too. Pissed off I missed it in real time due to work, but just enjoyed it after a long day in the office.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

If Liverpool get VVD back before Easter this title is won already. 

It's won already. Van Dijk can take a breather and be fit for the Euros. If not then, then Liverpool's 3-in-a-row achievement. 

• Administrator
Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Too early for title talk, its not even January. Anything can happen yet.

Anything can happen, I agree. But that's aside from Liverpool being in 1st!

1 minute ago, Stan said:

It's won already. Van Dijk can take a breather and be fit for the Euros. If not then, then Liverpool's 3-in-a-row achievement. 

This season’s not going to go like last season. We lost 7-1 earlier with Virgil! It’s a weird year and we’re not impossibly far ahead of 2nd place right now - one or two bad results and another side is right back in the race.

Has another side ever conceded 7 in a match and scored 7 in another at another point in a season? I’m sure it’s happened before - but it’s not common.

Still a long way to go and a lot of football to play. But honestly I’m surprised how well we’ve coped without our first choice CB pairing. There’s honestly a good chance Fabinho’s our second best CB... and he’s a world class DM, so it’s nice to have that sort of quality and versatility.

• Administrator
24 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

This season’s not going to go like last season. We lost 7-1 earlier with Virgil! It’s a weird year and we’re not impossibly far ahead of 2nd place right now - one or two bad results and another side is right back in the race.

Has another side ever conceded 7 in a match and scored 7 in another at another point in a season? I’m sure it’s happened before - but it’s not common.

Still a long way to go and a lot of football to play. But honestly I’m surprised how well we’ve coped without our first choice CB pairing. There’s honestly a good chance Fabinho’s our second best CB... and he’s a world class DM, so it’s nice to have that sort of quality and versatility.

I know it's a weird season. But that still won't stop you I don't think. It won't be like last season where you stroll through and win it with plenty of time to spare, but I think you're strong enough to not have the difference of last season cut down enough to overtake you. 

You have strength in depth, the mentality, the momentum, the togetherness, the attitude and sheer talent and versatility across the squad. One freak result doesn't mean you won't win it, in my opinion. If you can use the freak defeat to say you won't win it, then I think it's fair to use this ridiculously convincing win to say you're strong contenders and the firm favourites to win it. Gonna take a huge effort from any other side to come ahead of you. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived