LMS League 2020-21 Round 4 (La Liga)

football forum

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Results - Gameweek Three

Casualties (4)

Real Sociedad were the big letdowns of the Gameweek this time around, responsible for the elimination of all four of this week's casualties. After falling behind at home to Osasuna, the odds-on favourites could only rescue a draw, spelling the end of this round for @Stan, @DeadLinesman, @Michael and @Viva la FCB.

Unlucky chaps. You have been eliminated from this round, scoring 3 points, from your 2 correct picks and 1 bonus point for coming in joint third place.

Survivors (2)

We have narrowed the contenders down to a duel for supremacy in the latest round of Last Man Standing. @...Dan slipped into the thread just in time to back Villarreal to beat Levante, and Unai Emery's men duly delivered with a 2-1 success. Our two remaining challengers have taken different routes in all three rounds so far. @CaaC (John) is our other 'finalist' after Barcelona delivered the win he needed to progress, De Jong scoring the only goal in their visit to bottom side Huesca.

Congratulations on your progress. That's three points on the board and counting, and a 50/50 chance to take three further bonus points.

1097352383_ScreenShot2021-01-03at21_55_56.png.32527ae292f0a5f9a3d944a111a7a0d0.png

Preview - Gameweek Four

We are disregarding the midweek game in hand between Athletic Bilbao and Barcelona and using next weekend's full set of fixtures from which to make your picks for Gameweek Four. As we are down to two finalists, the tie breaker comes into play and I will need you to choose a first goalscorer (from any game) and the minute of the opening goal in the randomly selected fixture Real Valladolid vs Valencia.

The tie breaker only comes into play if both of you fail to pick a correct match winner. In this instance, the tie breaker is decided using the following criteria in order: Who picked a goalscorer correctly? If both, whose pick scored first? If neither got one or you picked the same player, who was closest to guessing the correct time of the first goal between Valladolid and Valencia?

So, @...Dan and @CaaC (John), please pick a team to win (that you haven't used), a player to score (from any match) and a guess for the time of the opening goal in the game between Valladolid and Valencia.

Fixtures are below, good luck!

1050563239_ScreenShot2021-01-03at22_08_03.png.3721b61ac22ea718302d41febbd308b4.png 1848610158_ScreenShot2021-01-03at22_08_40.png.68ceaa2f4cce9437489fe3fe9f2b315f.png

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

You know they're playing Barcelona right? Just thought I'd check you didn't misread it, I don't want to win (or lose xD ) on a mistake.

Cheers, I just realised that there are games tomorrow and Monday so I will change my selection if possible @RandoEFC?

Real Madrid
Barcelona

Real Betis, please. :ay:
Scorer: Cristian Tello
Score time: 15th minute.

• Subscriber

@CaaC (John) to clarify, you can choose a match winner from any listed fixture that hasn't kicked off already, your goalscorer doesn't have to come from the team you've backed to win, you can choose one from any game, and the time of first goal is chosen for the game between Valladolid and Valencia so you don't need to change that if you switch to a different game.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

@CaaC (John) to clarify, you can choose a match winner from any listed fixture that hasn't kicked off already, your goalscorer doesn't have to come from the team you've backed to win, you can choose one from any game, and the time of first goal is chosen for the game between Valladolid and Valencia so you don't need to change that if you switch to a different game.

Cheers, I will stick with my corrected post, please, Rando if ok with you. 

• Subscriber

We have a winner, congratulations to @CaaC (John) who made four consecutive picks, Real Betis' win at Huesca the decisive result after @...Dan was let down by Real Madrid, who fired a blank in their visit to Osasuna.

Below are the full results for this round:

19617829_ScreenShot2021-01-11at22_03_41.png.bf3ea377a7ca4e0e6e924e139916b3c9.png

7 points (4 picks + 3 bonus for 1st place) - @CaaC (John) 

5 points (3 picks + 2 bonus for 2nd place) - @...Dan

3 points (2 picks + 1 bonus for joint 3rd place) - @Stan @DeadLinesman @Michael @Viva la FCB

1 point (1 pick) - @Bluewolf @Mel81x @nudge @McAzeem @Tommy @Lucas @Storts

0 points (0 picks) - @RandoEFC @Rucksackfranzose @Pyfish @Dan

The next round will take us to France, I'll get it launched now.

• The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber
21 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

We have a winner, congratulations to @CaaC (John) who made four consecutive picks, Real Betis' win at Huesca the decisive result after @...Dan was let down by Real Madrid, who fired a blank in their visit to Osasuna.

Below are the full results for this round:

19617829_ScreenShot2021-01-11at22_03_41.png.bf3ea377a7ca4e0e6e924e139916b3c9.png

7 points (4 picks + 3 bonus for 1st place) - @CaaC (John) 

5 points (3 picks + 2 bonus for 2nd place) - @...Dan

3 points (2 picks + 1 bonus for joint 3rd place) - @Stan @DeadLinesman @Michael @Viva la FCB

1 point (1 pick) - @Bluewolf @Mel81x @nudge @McAzeem @Tommy @Lucas @Storts

0 points (0 picks) - @RandoEFC @Rucksackfranzose @Pyfish @Dan

The next round will take us to France, I'll get it launched now.

:banana: A winner at last :D

Archived