talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Your Favourite Movie of All Time?

football forum

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Amazed that the likes of @nudge have not mentioned this one, the opening music is bloody haunting and sends tingles down my spine, a great movie of so many to choose from.

I mentioned it :)

Great movie, I need to give it another watch sometime... 

On 21/12/2020 at 19:45, nudge said:

Yeah, it left such a huge impression on me back then; a masterpiece. Visually stunning, contemplative, poetic, existentialist, epic, intimate but not sentimental, and, as expected from Malick, delves deep into exploring the human condition. But it was probably the contrast of the beauty in nature and the ugliness of war, death, and destruction that completely blew me away, and also some parts of the dialogue (and monologue) by Jim Caviezel's and Sean Penn's characters which has stuck with me for years. The cinematography, the casting and acting, the score - everything about it is superb and, frankly, close to perfection. 

It's either The Thin Red Line or 2001: A Space Odyssey for me, but if I had to choose just one, The Thin Red Line just edges it... 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

My favourite film is probably terminator 2. 

I really like the 2012 dredd film. I think @Bluewolf may be a judge dredd fan? 

Its just such an easy film to watch. Lots of action.  

I like zombie films as well. Preferred 28 weeks later to 28 days later. 

Dawn of the dead 2004(not seen original)

12 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I am indeed mate... Did you see the one with Stallone by any chance or just the recent one??? 

Yeah I saw that one. Not read the comics but from what I have heard it wasnt judge dredd.

They have been on about a series to follow on from dredd for years but it hasn't happened yet. I think we probably will get more on screen stuff from judge dredd at some point whether it's tv or film or whether it will be related to the film remains to be seen.

3 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Yeah I saw that one. Not read the comics but from what I have heard it wasnt judge dredd.

They have been on about a series to follow on from dredd for years but it hasn't happened yet. I think we probably will get more on screen stuff from judge dredd at some point whether it's tv or film or whether it will be related to the film remains to be seen.

Yea, both films had their good and bad points but Stallone was terrible as Dredd in that and that ruined it... The way he talked and walking around with his helmet off most of the time and getting kissed by Hershy xD.. There were a lot of other good things they tried to do though but in the end it was a big budget waste really

Karl Urban & Olivia Thirlby as the young PSI Judge Anderson in Dredd were excellent along with Lena Heady for that matter and they pulled it off as close to the characters as they could be. A much smaller budget didn't allow for some things but didn't detract from anything for me. The series you are talking about was supposed to be 'MEGA CITY 1' where they delved into the world of Dredd with a number of stories from across the city and even Karl Urban said he would be very interested in taking the role of Dredd further but so far it's been all talk which is a shame, don't know what the hold up is or if it's been binned I don't know... Would love to see something else, Series or another film would be great

• 3 months later...
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

I'm leaning more towards "In Bruges" now. Forgot how much I loved that movie. :52_fearful:

I watched it quite a few years back and tbh I really dont remember much anymore but I just remember being thoroughly unimpressed. Like just not much happend. Maybe I should give it a go again?

For more old school film, I absolutely love 'Lawrence of Arabia'.

For more modern, I'd have to likely go with Interstellar or Inception. Both are absolute mind binders and I adore both.

7 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

I watched it quite a few years back and tbh I really dont remember much anymore but I just remember being thoroughly unimpressed. Like just not much happend. Maybe I should give it a go again?

Definitely. I remember that I was fascinated by it from the go. Watched it quite a few times back in the day when it came out. 

Archived