• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EFL Cup 2020/21 - Quarter-Final Matches

football forum

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Danny said:

He’s not really done it with us which is a shame, got talent but hasn’t been that consistent. With that said it is more of a team issue this season than just him and he has struggled a bit for game time 

Unfortunately, I’ve read that complaint about him before. And yeah I’ve noticed he doesn’t get on the pitch as we both probably would have hoped when he signed.

Looks decent for the national team though... but as we both know that doesn’t mean much

All of this “they don’t look like themselves”, “the last time they looked like this was the play-off final”....no, this has been the new normal for us this season, grinding out results without many great performances. We’re also missing Raya’s kicking, Henry’s domination of anything down his wing, Norgaard’s defensive acumen, Dalsgaard’s positional sense at right back, peak Mbeumo’s phenomenal goals, Jensen’s control of midfield, Ivan Toney’s constant goal scoring.

7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Unfortunately, I’ve read that complaint about him before. And yeah I’ve noticed he doesn’t get on the pitch as we both probably would have hoped when he signed.

Looks decent for the national team though... but as we both know that doesn’t mean much

Confidence is so key there, he’s probably one of the main men for Iran...here he’s got a lot of competition 

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Danny said:

All of this “they don’t look like themselves”, “the last time they looked like this was the play-off final”....no, this has been the new normal for us this season, grinding out results without many great performances. We’re also missing Raya’s kicking, Henry’s domination of anything down his wing, Norgaard’s defensive acumen, Dalsgaard’s positional sense at right back, peak Mbeumo’s phenomenal goals, Jensen’s control of midfield, Ivan Toney’s constant goal scoring.

If they're a regular Sky Sports PL commentator/pundit, then they definitely have no idea what they're talking about if it's a Championship club they're commentating on.

14 minutes ago, Danny said:

Confidence is so key there, he’s probably one of the main men for Iran...here he’s got a lot of competition 

Yeah that's pretty much it - at least from the little I've seen. He's actually sort of just now establishing himself in the Iran side as a main man - Quieroz brought him into the Iran side, but he'd prefer to play his old guard (some of whom are very very fucking old lol) - he's gotten more chances for Iran as a starter more recently as some of those players have called time on their international careers. But in the last two matches, he's clearly been one of the main men for Iran - in one of those matches he was very clearly the best player on the pitch and everything went through him.

Brilliant goal from Dasilva - who I think has been the best player on the pitch so far, so good for him.

Fairly drab performance overall but a deserved win and really good performance from Dasilva. Gave Newcastle too much time on the ball towards the end but their crosses lacked anything on the end of them.

Semi-final of the League Cup, shame there’s no fans for it. But strange actually cos you approach these games thinking play a weak side, focus on the league. But then you win and reach a semi-final and the reality of it starts to set in. You Bees

58 minutes ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

Pathetic. Absolutely dead as a club. Zombies. Going nowhere. Positive or negative. Might turn negative in the next month with our fixtures. 

Can't say we didn't see this banana skin result coming.... I was watching the game but gave up when the commentary was 4 minutes ahead of what was actually going on in front of me... I look at the sides in the bottom 6 or 7 of the PL and there is no difference in the standard from the top 6 or 7 at the top of the Championship so it's no wonder the games have a huge risk factor attached for the PL club involved... They should bring in a manager that is not allergic to Brasso, that might help improve your prospects 

Nice result for @Danny and Brentford though... 

• Administrator
30 minutes ago, shut up said:

Gabriel must be wondering what the fucks going on Mustafi to his right, Kolasinac to his left. 

He will think he is playing for a non league club.

'clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am...'

GIF-Louise-Redknapp-in-Eternal.gif

1 hour ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

Pathetic. Absolutely dead as a club. Zombies. Going nowhere. Positive or negative. Might turn negative in the next month with our fixtures. 

Been a long time since that Wembley final in '98 and you can tell.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived