talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bernardo Silva Signs For Manchester City

Bernardo Silva has spoken of his excitement at joining City later this summer.

Silva was an integral part of the Monaco side that thrilled Europe with their attacking football during the 2016/17 campaign and will officially become a City player on 1 July.

The Portugal international will wear the No.20 jersey with the name ‘Bernardo’ on the back.

“It feels great to be coming to City,” said Silva.

“I’m going to be joining one of the best teams in the world. To be part of this club and to have this opportunity is great. I can’t wait to begin trying to do my best to help the team reach their goals.”

“Manchester City over the last few years has played to win and I want to win medals. When I spoke to the people at Manchester City they always told me their goal was to win titles and that is also my goal. So, I’m here with all the amazing players that we have, the coach and all the team that is behind us, I think we can do it.”

Silva admitted he is looking forward to working under Pep Guardiola and believes he can win silverware with the Blues in the coming seasons.

“If he is not the best coach in the world, he is one of the best,” he said. “Of course when you have the opportunity of being trained by Guardiola, you don’t say no.

“As we all know, what he did with Barcelona and Bayern Munich was amazing and we expect also here that he will win titles. It’s great to have the chance to work with him and to have this opportunity.

“Nowadays if you don’t work hard, even if you’re one of the best you don’t succeed. It’s not only defenders who have to defend or attackers who have to attack. It’s a team and we all have to do everything.”

Silva says he was impressed with City when he played against the Blues in the Champions League a few months ago.

Monaco edged City out of the competition on away goals after tying 6-6 on aggregate, with the 5-3 win at the Etihad proving pivotal for the French Ligue 1 champions.

https://www.mancity.com/news/first-team/2017/05/26/bernardo-silva-first-interview/1495810118411

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Bernardo Silva Signs For Manchester City
1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Doesn't really improve them though as City don't really lack in the creative department. 

Doesn't matter because he is the type of player Pep wanks over and Silva is older. They may even flog the later.

3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Not needed and a huge waste, he should have stuck where he was for another season or two before jumping ship. 

I wonder if this will force out a creative player such as Silva? Or is he signing purely as an extra?

Nolito, Fernando, Sagna, Clichy, Navas, Delph, Iheanacho, and maybe even players like Silva and Sterling will be flogged, I reckon. This team will be torn apart in the next two years, methinks

• Subscriber
20 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Doesn't really improve them though as City don't really lack in the creative department. 

I think it does improve them but not significantly. It's not their priority area to strengthen but he's an upgrade.

15 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Not needed and a huge waste, he should have stuck where he was for another season or two before jumping ship. 

I wonder if this will force out a creative player such as Silva? Or is he signing purely as an extra?

He's a replacement for Navas who has just left   ..where will this leave Patrick Roberts? he kind of looks like him too xD

Good early business.

Pep will overhaul that squad this summer I think, he's had a season to see who's good enough and who isn't and there's plenty of players in that squad that he won't want.

18 hours ago, Inverted said:

If he's going to play on the right for them now I expect they'll be singing a full back who can provide proper width. 

Walker inbound?

Yep, looks like Walker is on the way and maybe Fabinho too

Hang on. So who is being sacrificed to accommodate Silva 2.0?

Surely this means Pep is only going to play with either Aguero or Jesus? Can either really be sitting on the bench?

6 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Hang on. So who is being sacrificed to accommodate Silva 2.0?

Surely this means Pep is only going to play with either Aguero or Jesus? Can either really be sitting on the bench?

Navas, he's already gone

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Navas, he's already gone

Navas didn't start though...and if he did it was RB

Jesus, Aguero, Sane, De Bruyne, Silva, Sterling, Silva 2.0 

Can only play 4 of them...

5 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Navas, he's already gone

But Navas wasn't first choice XI? I can't see how you can accommodate Aguero/Jesus etc as well as the new Silva without dropping one of the lads up front?

Just now, Storts said:

Navas didn't start though...and if he did it was RB

Jesus, Aguero, Sane, De Bruyne, Silva, Sterling, Silva 2.0 

Can only play 4 of them...

Just now, Lucas said:

But Navas wasn't first choice XI? I can't see how you can accommodate Aguero/Jesus etc as well as the new Silva without dropping one of the lads up front. Unless that is Pep's plan?

Rotation, injurys and bans means you need 2 good players for each postion   ..first thing i do on fifa is buy 4 good strikers with the fresh players starting

RW Sterling - Silva

LW Sane - Jesus

ST Jesus - Aguero

3 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Rotation, injurys and bans means you need 2 good players for each postion   ..first thing i do on fifa is buy 4 good strikers with the fresh players starting

RW Sterling - Silva

LW Sane - Jesus

ST Jesus - Aguero

No one cares about Sterling to be fair. But I wouldn't want to be benching Aguero or Jesus too often.

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

No one cares about Sterling to be fair. But I wouldn't want to be benching Aguero or Jesus too often.

They will both play at least once every 7 days, we are trying to get Sanchez too so Silva and Sanchez rotation, Aguero, Jesus rotation and Sane, Sterling rotation  ..if we dont get Sanchez maybe Patrick Roberts will get a shot

On 5/27/2017 at 11:18 AM, Happy Blue said:

They will both play at least once every 7 days, we are trying to get Sanchez too so Silva and Sanchez rotation, Aguero, Jesus rotation and Sane, Sterling rotation  ..if we dont get Sanchez maybe Patrick Roberts will get a shot

Mate, that is bad policy having too many starters in rotation. It doesn't matter if they play once a week, most players that are that talented want to play all the games, not just every other league match, and every other cup match.  You don't need Sanchez and Jesus both in rotation, that is stupid and is bound to leave players angry. They both can play all the front-line positions so only one needs to be in rotation. It's ridiculous having one backup for each position, when you have multiple players than can play in multiple positions. 

Archived