talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Thomas Tuchel Sacked By PSG; Pochettino Hired As Replacement

football forum

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tuchel is an excellent coach, but I feel that PSG squad never really suited him well. Such an unbalanced squad, they sure have quality upfront, but their midfield is terrible, especially with Verratti´s regression, their fullbacks leave a lot to be desired as well. I hope he moves to a a team where he´s given a squad that fits his style of football. His Dortmund side played excellent football.  

Tuchel´s dismissal is hardly a surpise, Leonardo and Tuchel didn´t get along well. In the end, Leonardo won the power struggle. The dressing room backed Tuchel. 

In my opinion, the main culprit for PSG not having a balanced squad is Leonardo himself. Dude used 50 million euros on Icardi, who´s overweight, never have really been a good fit with Mbappé and Neymar and barely plays. His other big decision this summer, letting Thiago Silva go for free, has also been a disaster.

Poch apparently is in line to take over PSG. This is really, really tough job. They have high expectations, it´s Champions League or bust for PSG as always, despite not having a good squad.  

Pochettino accepting blood money to play on amateur difficulty is exactly the kind of man I thought he was

Interesting appointment for PSG. We all know Pochettino's a good manager, but is a man who's never won a trophy going to be the one to take you to the next level in the biggest competition in football?

On 24/12/2020 at 07:30, El Profesor said:

Tuchel is an excellent coach, but I feel that PSG squad never really suited him well. Such an unbalanced squad, they sure have quality upfront, but their midfield is terrible, especially with Verratti´s regression, their fullbacks leave a lot to be desired as well. I hope he moves to a a team where he´s given a squad that fits his style of football. His Dortmund side played excellent football.  

Tuchel´s dismissal is hardly a surpise, Leonardo and Tuchel didn´t get along well. In the end, Leonardo won the power struggle. The dressing room backed Tuchel. 

How do you think he'd fair with us? :ph34r:

5 hours ago, Cicero said:

How do you think he'd fair with us? :ph34r:

I think he´d do very well. In my opinion, the ideal scenario for Tuchel is a squad with young talent, where he can develop and guide those young players, inserting his own identity and football philosophy in that team. Chelsea definitely fits that bill.

Not to mention his connection to Pulisic and also due to the fact that Chelsea´s mid and long-term is probably connected to the success of their germans, so a german coach who can communicate and knows them well would also be very helpful.  

Tuchel at PSG was always kinda of a waste, after all that squad is almost "uncoachable". There´s not much at PSG, you play the superstars and do your best to keep them happy. 

On 24/12/2020 at 13:30, El Profesor said:

In my opinion, the main culprit for PSG not having a balanced squad is Leonardo himself. Dude used 50 million euros on Icardi, who´s overweight, never have really been a good fit with Mbappé and Neymar and barely plays. His other big decision this summer, letting Thiago Silva go for free, has also been a disaster.

Poch apparently is in line to take over PSG. This is really, really tough job. They have high expectations, it´s Champions League or bust for PSG as always, despite not having a good squad.  

There is talk of Messi going to PSG but Neymar would actually be better off going back to Barcelona with Messi renewing. 

People talk of crisis, but I see a transition period. People seem to think nowadays that if a club isn't spunking 100s of millions on crap,that they are going downhill, but we are seeing a young, growing team with loads of young quality who are growing and getting better. Messi as a "mediapunta" with Neymar and a striker would really compliment this team well. De Jong and Ter Stegen are among the best in their respective positions, Messi could play until 38 in that attacking midfielder role, barring he's got the right support, as he can't run like he used to, bring in Cucurella and Eric García and I like the looks of it already.

I don't see what's special about PSG or City. They just throw money around at anyone. This has actually been Barcelona's downfall in recent years; spending loads of money on utter junk rather than building a team properly with young hungry players and the right balance with a few "stars" who actually suit what is needed. 

New president in, a balance of youth and top quality to compliment them. A few signings and it's a different team. 

Messi, Pedri, De Jong, Dest along with Neymar and a young striker? That would actually be scary. This is also without mentioning young Fati.

We are slowly seeing Barcelona growing their identity back in my opinion. It's a young team, it can only get better with the right players and Neymar would be the right player.

8 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

There is talk of Messi going to PSG but Neymar would actually be better off going back to Barcelona with Messi renewing. 

People talk of crisis, but I see a transition period. People seem to think nowadays that if a club isn't spunking 100s of millions on crap,that they are going downhill, but we are seeing a young, growing team with loads of young quality who are growing and getting better. Messi as a "mediapunta" with Neymar and a striker would really compliment this team well. De Jong and Ter Stegen are among the best in their respective positions, Messi could play until 38 in that attacking midfielder role, barring he's got the right support, as he can't run like he used to, bring in Cucurella and Eric García and I like the looks of it already.

I don't see what's special about PSG or City. They just throw money around at anyone. This has actually been Barcelona's downfall in recent years; spending loads of money on utter junk rather than building a team properly with young hungry players and the right balance with a few "stars" who actually suit what is needed. 

New president in, a balance of youth and top quality to compliment them. A few signings and it's a different team. 

Messi, Pedri, De Jong, Dest along with Neymar and a young striker? That would actually be scary. This is also without mentioning young Fati.

We are slowly seeing Barcelona growing their identity back in my opinion. It's a young team, it can only get better with the right players and Neymar would be the right player.

I think Barcelona will have to spend a lot less. Actually, not only Barcelona, Real Madrid as well. The spanish dominance is over, in my opinion. It was never going to last, Spain is not rich enough and the mid and small spanish clubs are just too weak to make La Liga a powerhouse that can compete with the Premier League. The pandemic has just accelerated the process that to me was inevitable. 

Barcelona can´t operate like they´ve been doing for the last decade. It´s over. I think Real Madrid and Barça will go through a similar process that the italian clubs went after Calciopoli. It will hurt, the league will suffer for some years, but eventually the clubs will learn to operate with  less money. There is light in the end of the tunnel. After all, Serie A is so much better than it was a decade ago, the level of coaching and scouting is much improved and even though it´s not the best league in the world like in the 90s, it´s a very competitive league. 

I agree that the club should try to keep Messi, but I don´t think they can bring Neymar. They lost the chance to bring him back when they decided to buy Griezmann. Now it´s probably impossible to make it happen financially. 

In fairness to Koeman, I think Depay is a really good option for you guys. Koeman is right on this one. He would be cheap, is still only 26 and would definitely be an improvementover what you guys have right now.

What the next Barça president should do is appointing a good sporting director. Barça needs to be a lot smarter on the market, because the golden era is over.

• The title was changed to Thomas Tuchel Sacked By PSG; Pochettino Hired As Replacement
  • Administrator
52 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

We can’t all be arsed Googling his career Stanley. And a random 2 year spell inbetween his Espanyol days isn’t special xD

Probably the most special days of his career mate. Who are you to judge :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived