Celta Vigo vs Huesca, 18.15
Elche vs Real Madrid, 20.30

Thursday 31st December, 2020
Athletic Bilbao vs Real Sociedad, 13.00
Osasuna vs Alaves, 15.15

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And it's hardly against the run of play. They are more than equal in the match.

Braithwaite is going to be one of those 'Players you forgot played for...' in a few years. Honestly, a brutal footballer who is physically and mentally completely distant from the rest of his teammates.

Honestly, what is the point of him being on the pitch for Barcelona?

On 29/12/2020 at 19:39, ScoRoss said:

And it's hardly against the run of play. They are more than equal in the match.

Braithwaite is going to be one of those 'Players you forgot played for...' in a few years. Honestly, a brutal footballer who is physically and mentally completely distant from the rest of his teammates.

Honestly, what is the point of him being on the pitch for Barcelona?

This game and the one against Valencia the other week should have been wins. They weren't games made easy but the manner in which the goals were conceded and the wasted opportunities is terrible.

I wouldn't blame Araújo too much though as he actually put on a class performance yesterday and with him still being young, he'll make mistakes. Also Barcelona should be scoring more than one at home to Eibar anyway, with all due respects to them.

The football and the work ethic hasn't been bad, it's coming down to moments, a ridiculous amount of chances wasted and errors.

One thing for sure is Barcelona need quality in attack as Braithwaithe and Griezmann are awful. Braithwaithe isn't even La Liga mid table quality for me.

Junior Firpo was alot better yesterday. He combined well with Pedri, who again was class other than the wasted chance that I believe he should have scored in the 2nd half to make it 2-1.

Dembélé was also a breath of fresh air when coming on. If he could actually stay fit, it'd be a massive help, but him staying fit is wishful thinking unfortunately.

It's also amazing how Pedri cost 3 million yet has done more than Griezmann and Coutinho put together, despite them costing a combined total of 260 million. Maybe this economic crisis caused by covid will sort of be a blessing in the long run as youth and young players are getting chances and quite frankly I've never known a club to overspend on so much crap as Barcelona have in recent years. 

It was more worrying last season in my opinion as we were seeing a battered old team, but this is a very young one that can improve. 

• The title was changed to La Liga 2020/21 - Week 16 Fixtures - 29-31st December, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived