football forum

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Wait? You've never seen Fury Road? :o

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4034228/

Manchester by the Sea would be one of my recommendations. 

Nope! As I mentioned in another thread, I barely watched any movies in the last few years, been catching up lately... 

From the top of my head, the ones I watched are:

All the Star Wars movies (including spinoffs)
A Hidden Life
Arrival
Blade Runner 2049
The Irishman
Rush
Ford vs Ferrari
Interstellar
Inception
Ex Machina
Django Unchained
The Hateful Eight
John Wick
Coco
Bohemian Rhapsody
Inside Llewyn Davis
Roma
The Tree of Life

Definitely miss some, but those are the ones I can think of.

Just now, nudge said:

Nope! As I mentioned in another thread, I barely watched any movies in the last few years, been catching up lately... 

From the top of my head, the ones I watched are:

All the Star Wars movies (including spinoffs)
A Hidden Life
Arrival
Blade Runner 2049
The Irishman
Rush
Ford vs Ferrari
Interstellar
Inception
Ex Machina
Django Unchained
The Hateful Eight
John Wick
Coco
Bohemian Rhapsody
Inside Llewyn Davis
Roma
The Tree of Life

Definitely miss some, but those are the ones I can think of.

Mad Max: Fury Road is wild! I saw it in the cinema after being excited about it for months, and I was not disappointed. 

Also, my recommendation "Manchester by the Sea" is one of the most realistic portrayals of depression and grief I've ever seen. Also Casey Affleck's greatest performance since The Assassination of Jesse James. 

If I was going to put forward six recommendations that stick out for me, they would be the following..

Whiplash

The Revenant

Get Out

The Shape of Water

Black Panther

Parasite

I don't think you'd go far wrong with any of those.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Black Panther

For Coco especially, :x

Inception feels older! 

Have actually seen Black Panther, just forgot to list it... Thought it was quite good. Not a fan of superheroes movies in general, but that one was different.

1917 is a good shout, I mean to watch it but then forgot all about it. Is Dunkirk worth a watch too?

Coco is fantastic... Definitely my most favourite Pixar film. Watched it with my dad on Christmas Eve a few years ago, and that's the first time ever I've seen him a little teary-eyed and trying to hide it xD 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

If I was going to put forward six recommendations that stick out for me, they would be the following..

Whiplash

The Revenant

Get Out

The Shape of Water

Black Panther

Parasite

I don't think you'd go far wrong with any of those.

All added to the list, except Get Out (hate horror movies :7_sweat_smile:) and Black Panter (which I've seen already).

Nice, keep them coming...

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Have actually seen Black Panther, just forgot to list it... Thought it was quite good. Not a fan of superheroes movies in general, but that one was different.

1917 is a good shout, I mean to watch it but then forgot all about it. Is Dunkirk worth a watch too?

Coco is fantastic... Definitely my most favourite Pixar film. Watched it with my dad on Christmas Eve a few years ago, and that's the first time ever I've seen him a little teary-eyed and trying to hide it xD 

I haven't seen Dunkirk but it was on the other day and saw a lot of reviews saying 1917 was better. 

Coco is great. That and Moana was on on the same day here over Xmas so I was a happy man :D

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

I haven't seen Dunkirk but it was on the other day and saw a lot of reviews saying 1917 was better. 

Coco is great. That and Moana was on on the same day here over Xmas so I was a happy man :D

Haven't seen Moana!

Claudio Pizarro had a small voicover role in the German synchronisation of Coco, that was the main reason I watched it in the first place xD 

34 minutes ago, Stan said:

It is, but that’s down to 1917 being a genuine masterpiece.

Dunkirk is still a 8 or 9/10 film for most people. Myself included. Utterly brilliant and edge of your seat stuff. 

Oooh another brilliant one that comes to mind is Prisoners. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1392214/

One of my favourite movies, without a doubt. Fantastic story, atmosphere, music and brilliant performances by Jake Gyllenhaal and Hugh Jackman. It also has a shit ton of symbolism. Jake Gyllenhaal's character "Detective Loki" is one of my favourite movie characters of all time. 

• Administrator
9 hours ago, Cicero said:

It is, but that’s down to 1917 being a genuine masterpiece.

Dunkirk is still a 8 or 9/10 film for most people. Myself included. Utterly brilliant and edge of your seat stuff. 

Oh yeah don't get me wrong I remember seeing rave reviews of Dunkirk at the time. 1917 blew it out of the water but that's not for the reason of Dunkirk being a bad film :)

I'd still like to see Dunkirk too. 

Django Unchained

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Skyfall

The Wolf of Wall Street

Rogue One

Dunkirk

Shutter Island

Kingsman: The Secret Service

Guardians of the Galaxy 1

Stromberg – Der Film (obviously)

Tatort: Im Schmerz geboren

Star Trek Into Darkness

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

From the top of my head.

• Subscriber

I am a golden oldie film fan really but ones after 2010 off the top of my head are below, and a few of them I only watched because someone mentioned them in the movie forum like Interstellar & Dunkirk, these ones below are in no particular order.

• Spencer Confidential
  • Interstellar
  • 12 Years a Slave
  • Dunkirk
  • Night Crawler
  • Django Unchained
  • Gravity
  • Gone Girl
  • The Revenant

Whiplash might have been my favourite.

Others would be Room, Rush, Her, Parasite, Coco, Birdman and Django.

The Dark Knight Rises, Before Midnight and The Hobbit are excellent if you're familiar with the franchises.

Actually, I'd say every film Nolan has put out this decade is a very good watch.

Btw, Black Panther was an appalling film.

Archived