talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Lost

football forum

I watched it years ago and started watching it again a few weeks back. Season 1 was good as anything I've ever seen. The characters, back stories etc. Then at the end they find the hatch. Season 2 is very good with new people like Mr Echo and brother Desmond. You have Waltz who ends up being a bullshitter and is working with the others.

Am a few episodes into season 3. So far it's brilliant, Echo has been killed. They're being help hostage by the others and a few are now dead. Am just looking to find where it got slightly stupid.

Do you think the story could have been different? For example, they weren't actually dead and had to find a way off the island. This way it could have been done in 4 seasons and not gone too scifi like it did.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I loved it. A lot of people hated the ending but I didn't mind it. I had a bigger problem with the freaky season 4-5 time travel bollocks. First 3 seasons were definitely the peak though.

The travel stuff really did annoy me. I'd have liked it to have been survival and getting off the island. 

• The title was changed to Lost
  • Subscriber
2 hours ago, MUFC said:

For example, they weren't actually dead and had to find a way off the island.

Sigh. They weren't actually dead. 

Loved LOST - everything about it. If it had no fantasy elements, it would have been just a survival show. The show mythology was absolutely fantastic, the character development one of the best in TV ever. The ending was also perfect. 

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Loved LOST - everything about it. If it had no fantasy elements, it would have been just a survival show. The show mythology was absolutely fantastic, the character development one of the best in TV ever. The ending was also perfect. 

It blows my mind that people don't get that. It was perfectly explained. xD

And yea, I loved Lost as well. It got a bit messy story wise, but to me the most important thing was the characters and their relationships with each other. And the ending was perfect for that. 

6 hours ago, nudge said:

I know lol but has been years and am currently on series 3.  I'm pretty sure in the initial series they were actually dead, but the producers changed the direction due to really high ratings? Anyway I understand and kind of agree when you say my version would have been an survival show which has been done before. I just preferred the first 3 seasons due to the direction it took. I've just never been a fan of sci fi type movies or series, so the further it went the more I struggled to enjoy it. But am on series 3, on my second run. I may change my mind after watching it a second time.

I do have a few issues though. I thought the finale was kind of poor. I felt that questions weren't properly answered and found it to be emotionally manipulative and kind of diminished the integrity of the whole series. I felt that there were mysteries upon mysteries, twist after twist without clear explanations. 

Anyway am on my second run and maybe I need to concentrate more this time. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, MUFC said:

I know lol but has been years and am currently on series 3.  I'm pretty sure in the initial series they were actually dead, but the producers changed the direction due to really high ratings? Anyway I understand and kind of agree when you say my version would have been an survival show which has been done before. I just preferred the first 3 seasons due to the direction it took. I've just never been a fan of sci fi type movies or series, so the further it went the more I struggled to enjoy it. But am on series 3, on my second run. I may change my mind after watching it a second time.

I do have a few issues though. I thought the finale was kind of poor. I felt that questions weren't properly answered and found it to be emotionally manipulative and kind of diminished the integrity of the whole series. I felt that there were mysteries upon mysteries, twist after twist without clear explanations. 

Anyway am on my second run and maybe I need to concentrate more this time. 

Yeah, if you're not into scifi/fantasy/mystery, I can see how you wouldn't particularly enjoy the later seasons. That said, it had a bloody smoke monster going after people in Season 1 already, so I think it was always pretty clear what kind of direction the show was going to take xD 

I thought the finale was perfect. Not sure what major questions left unanswered? It's a show with a huge element of mystery, but I think they did a great job explaining the key things, leaving out the minor, less important ones. When you finish all 6 seasons, you should watch this epilogue if you want some more answers:

As for emotionally manipulative... Fair enough if you felt that way, I personally found it bittersweet and thought it was a very fitting and satisfying end to every character's journey. Not going to lie, I cried my eyes out xD 

I must have re-watched LOST four times at least; there's so much complexity, intertwined storylines, religious, historical and cultural references, existential themes and symbolism in there on top of the rich characters, their relationships and their individual vulnerabilities and struggles, it's absolutely incredible.

18 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yeah, if you're not into scifi/fantasy/mystery, I can see how you wouldn't particularly enjoy the later seasons. That said, it had a bloody smoke monster going after people in Season 1 already, so I think it was always pretty clear what kind of direction the show was going to take xD 

I thought the finale was perfect. Not sure what major questions left unanswered? It's a show with a huge element of mystery, but I think they did a great job explaining the key things, leaving out the minor, less important ones. When you finish all 6 seasons, you should watch this epilogue if you want some more answers:

As for emotionally manipulative... Fair enough if you felt that way, I personally found it bittersweet and thought it was a very fitting and satisfying end to every character's journey. Not going to lie, I cried my eyes out xD 

I must have re-watched LOST four times at least; there's so much complexity, intertwined storylines, religious, historical and cultural references, existential themes and symbolism in there on top of the rich characters, their relationships and their individual vulnerabilities and struggles, it's absolutely incredible.

I admit, the mystery in the first season was out of this world. You just constantly wanted to know more, what is this island? Is there anybody else? Anyway my second run I might appreciate the later series more. 

Another perk is because it's on the beach, you get to see 6 seasons of males and females feet.

Just finished season 3 where Charlie died and brother Desmond was having his visions. The battle with the others was like an ending of walking dead where they have an all out war but the scale wasn't as big. Locke surviving tells you how crucial he 9is to the series. Am wondering, were they rescued in the end? As it has a glimpse of Jack in the future saying to Kate how they should never of left the Island. 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Just finished season 3 where Charlie died and brother Desmond was having his visions. The battle with the others was like an ending of walking dead where they have an all out war but the scale wasn't as big. Locke surviving tells you how crucial he 9is to the series. Am wondering, were they rescued in the end? As it has a glimpse of Jack in the future saying to Kate how they should never of left the Island. 

Sounds like you really needed that re-watch... :D The so-called Oceanic 6 indeed left the island/were rescued by Penny's boat at the end of Season 4, before returning to the Island again in Season 5!

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Sounds like you really needed that re-watch... :D The so-called Oceanic 6 indeed left the island/were rescued by Penny's boat at the end of Season 4, before returning to the Island again in Season 5!

Oh back and forth.

20 hours ago, nudge said:

How can you leave the island and travel back while being dead?

Just finished season 4 and many knots have now been tied. Questions have been answered e.g. who was in the coffin, it was John Locke lol. This is where the show open up with the flashforwards and what the characters were doing after they left the island. It's during season 4 where the show changes our idea of what the show really is.

Season 5 I'll start watching today or in the next couple of days. 

Oh Syyed. 

Archived