talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

New Years Resolutions

football forum

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That reading one isn't a bad shout, I used to read a fair bit but lockdown obliterated it for some reason. Might just take up the one a month challenge!

I usually go down the line of 'If I was serious I would do it instantly' but this year has been so shit I'll make an exception. Quite a broad goal but all the stuff I'll have to do to achieve this should keep me in check over the year -I'd like to buy my own house. 

I see a bit of myself in everyone's posts.

Go back to the best shape I was ever in and read 24 books in 2021. These are two big ones.

I've been more disconnected from my family this year than usual and I want to fix that, but I feel like the more people there are in my life, the more drama there is and that is not for me. We'll see how it goes.

Find a balanced but protein rich diet that works for me on a daily basis and stick with it for as long as possible. I lose and gain relatively small amounts of weight too easily. Feel like I need to eat better consistently.

Enjoy some live music of course. Jesus, do I miss that.

8 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Deffo need to get back to 13/14st , so that’s about a 2st weight loss. Doesn’t help that the gyms fucking closed again.

Measuring weight in stones, like in the middle ages. 

I should drink less xD

I think I said that last year but covid happened and alcohol was probably my greatest coping mechanism.

But as I sit here dying of hangover and having vomited 8 times today I very much think drinking less might be a good idea

On 30/12/2020 at 20:57, tlr said:

That reading one isn't a bad shout, I used to read a fair bit but lockdown obliterated it for some reason. Might just take up the one a month challenge!

I usually go down the line of 'If I was serious I would do it instantly' but this year has been so shit I'll make an exception. Quite a broad goal but all the stuff I'll have to do to achieve this should keep me in check over the year -I'd like to buy my own house. 

Just moved into my very first home a week or so ago. Great feeling. ( But also hooray debt for up to 30 years)

I don’t usually have any goals as such around New Years but I’m going to challenge myself to February and March sober to make sure I’m at my best for a lot of great things heading my way. 

I've been thinking about how I could improve myself more for the day.

I have a lot of projects ongoing at the moment and I can't wait to share them with the public. I've always been ignored and partially I feel it's because I don't do enough. Nothing really stands out, and I want to change that. Started in 2020 and hope to complete these projects in 2021. Improving my vocals, my knowledge and extending my creativity

2020 was a different year for me for sure.

On 30/12/2020 at 09:02, Mel81x said:

Learn a new instrument is the goal this year. Figure I can get some piano lessons in and spend more time outdoors cycling if the weather permits it. 

Nice, just piano or any other in mind?

Cycling is also on my list, but I'm not sure how ready I am to say I'll "get in shape". I don't want to lie to myself!

6 hours ago, Rick said:

Lose about 7 stone. 

You gonna throw them over the neighbours fence or ask for people to come pick them up?

In all seriousness, massive respect for anyone who has weight related goals and goes about achieving them. Tough mental strength needed. Good luck! 

Archived