talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Funniest Series You've Seen

football forum

Slowly working my way through comedies.

Out of interest, what is the funniest series you've seen? No need to name just one.

Some of my personal favourites: Only Fools & Horses, The Office (UK +USA), I'm Alan Partridge, An Idiot Abroad, White Gold, The IT Crowd, The Inbetweeners, Peep Show.

Probably missing some obvious ones.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Slowly working my way through comedies.

Out of interest, what is the funniest series you've seen? No need to name just one.

Some of my personal favourites: Only Fools & Horses, The Office (UK +USA), I'm Alan Partridge, An Idiot Abroad, White Gold, The IT Crowd, The Inbetweeners, Peep Show.

Probably missing some obvious ones.

Bottom and Men behaving badly were always 2 I loved growing up in the 90s and also this beast that would always be on UK gold:-

Bottom will always be the best though. Absolutely legendary.

"It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia". There's nothing that comes close for me. 

Just today I watched the episode "The gang gets quarantined", and it is one of their best episodes. They are quarantining because there's a flu going around Philly. Frank (Danny DeVito) loses his mind, and the others think they are very sick with the flu, but it turns out they just have alcohol withdrawal because they haven't drank since they quarantined. 

"I'm certainly not gonna stop drinking" 

- "I mean I physically can't". xD This show has given me so much over the years. Love it to bits. 

4 minutes ago, Faithcore said:

I wish it would be available on Netflix or Prime. 

Whatever you do, don't watch it in German. I've seen a trailer of the dubbed version and it's atrocious. 

8 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Whatever you do, don't watch it in German. I've seen a trailer of the dubbed version and it's atrocious. 

Yeah. I think it was on Comedy Central at some point. 

I watched the first two seasons (in English) a few years ago. 

Of newer sitcoms I’ve watched King Gary has been a great laugh, Tom Davis is hilarious and really hits the nail on the head with the type of family he’s put together, that London suburb working class type who can be a bit brash, too intense of a local football teams coach.

And then Ghosts and Stath Lets Flats, Ghosts have knocked out a couple series already and the last one really picked up and improved on a perfect first series.

Stath is just hands down one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen with a cast full of actors who are funny in their own rights and just make it all seem more like a programme that stitched people and storyline’s together. It’d be so easy for Jamie Demetriou to run away with that show but the wider cast are superb. I’m not sure there’s ever been a funnier first episode of anything than Stath, the pigeon scene was stupidly funny.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Danny said:

Of newer sitcoms I’ve watched King Gary has been a great laugh, Tom Davis is hilarious and really hits the nail on the head with the type of family he’s put together, that London suburb working class type who can be a bit brash, too intense of a local football teams coach.

And then Ghosts and Stath Lets Flats, Ghosts have knocked out a couple series already and the last one really picked up and improved on a perfect first series.

Stath is just hands down one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen with a cast full of actors who are funny in their own rights and just make it all seem more like a programme that stitched people and storyline’s together. It’d be so easy for Jamie Demetriou to run away with that show but the wider cast are superb. I’m not sure there’s ever been a funnier first episode of anything than Stath, the pigeon scene was stupidly funny.

Ah Stath Let's Flats! What a programme. 

I love the chemistry between everyone. Probably helps that Jamie and Natasha are siblings but even then the other supporting cast are quality too. Jamie Demetriou is special though - his one liners and phrases and way he speaks in the programme is hilarious. 

King Gary is a good shout. The Xmas special was decent but actual series is better. 

11 hours ago, Stan said:

Ah Stath Let's Flats! What a programme. 

I love the chemistry between everyone. Probably helps that Jamie and Natasha are siblings but even then the other supporting cast are quality too. Jamie Demetriou is special though - his one liners and phrases and way he speaks in the programme is hilarious. 

King Gary is a good shout. The Xmas special was decent but actual series is better. 

Yeah it helps them that they’re essentially both doing impressions of their dad, dunno if you’ve listened to many podcasts they’ve done but their stories and impressions and nearly made me spat food out on several occasions

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Danny said:

Yeah it helps them that they’re essentially both doing impressions of their dad, dunno if you’ve listened to many podcasts they’ve done but their stories and impressions and nearly made me spat food out on several occasions

Not so much podcasts but snippets from interviews and when they've been on panel/quiz shows. 

You can imagine their dad being like that in real life and how they found humour from it looking back. 

• Subscriber

Only 2 American comedies I found quite funny was Alf & Third Rock from the Sun, British comedies, bloody hell, there are so many but tops for me would be Only Fools and Horses with Fawlty Towers a close second, it's a shame that Cleese called it a day after 2 series of 12 episodes, I wish he had made a lot more, funniest episode of OFAH has to be the sex blow-up dolls, I piss myself laughing at the dolls when they inflated behind the bar and they all legged it, poor old Uncle Albert, Dell & Rods were sure he had farted.xD

• Only Fools & Horses
  • Fawlty Towers
  • Rising Damp
  • Only When I Laugh
  • Black Adder
  • Allo, Allo
  • Alf
  • Third Rock from the Sun
  • The Young Ones
  • Open All Hours
  • Porridge

Geez tough one.

Big fan of:

The Office (UK)

Fawlty Towers (and most things Python)

Peep Show 

IT Crowd (the theatre episode and the west ham one were exceptional)

Only Fools and Horses (haven’t seen it all though!!)

The Inbetweeners

An Idiot Abroad is one of my favourite series too. 

• 3 weeks later...

OK!  So I know that this is not a series as you meant it, but I have been seeing a series of Adverts which - accepting that we all have different senses of humour - I find hilarious and should be in line for an award to those responsible for the humour!

The ads are on US TV and are for the Insurance company Liberty:

1:  A brilliant Christmas ad with the presents and the reaction of the kid with the bike and his mum's smile - brilliant!

2: 2 Ads with a beach Volleyball game with an Ostrich on one side who eventually sits down to hatch the ball and in the other listens to the coaches team talk and next shot has the head buried deep in the sand - like some footy players I know!

3:  2 ads which will appeal to Tommy and those who know of his history.. A lad dressed as a mobile phone standing on the waterfront who vibrates alarmingly as it rings twice and in the second one gets drenched with a wave of water and dives into a sack of rice (Tommy will remind us of that if he can be bothered) but the idea is ace!

Try and get them on You Tube if not on USTV:rofl:

Archived