talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Trial: A Murder in the Family

football forum

I'm interested to know who watched all of this. Managed to get the last episode in last night. I don't want to give anything away to those who have still to watch it all, but it definitely got me and the missus talking about the whole process. I was particularly interested to see how certain people voted and how they came to the conclusion that they had. Raises some concerns as well.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

as said in the other thread, found it brilliant to watch and to get a proper insight in to how a court case is presided over. especially from a jury's point of view as well as properly seeing how inquisitive and how forceful barristers, either prosecuting or defending, can be with their witnesses. They really try and make them crack under the pressure.

Regarding how people voted, I was quite surprised with how it turned out individually!

On 5/27/2017 at 10:17 PM, Stan said:

Regarding how people voted, I was quite surprised with how it turned out individually!

In what way? How they came to their conclusions, or that you thought certain people had voted differently to what they did?

• Administrator
Just now, Large said:

In what way? How they came to their conclusions, or that you thought certain people had voted differently to what they did?

thought some (not all) would vote differently to what they did.

There's a couple of guys who you knew would go not guilty right from the off. Likewise with a couple of women you knew they'd go guilty. 

It's a bit worrying though [no?] how the syetm works when you consider seeing how some of the jury were coming to their conclusions. To hear people stating that they think somebody is guilty or not becaue they 'have a feeling' about the person is nuts, especially when they are happy to make it their official verdict.

• Administrator
Just now, Large said:

It's a bit worrying though [no?] how the syetm works when you consider seeing how some of the jury were coming to their conclusions. To hear people stating that they think somebody is guilty or not becaue they 'have a feeling' about the person is nuts, especially when they are happy to make it their official verdict.

yeah that's quite concerning.  Bit of an eye-opener, too. 

It's like they'll react to the first bit of evidence they hear and that's their decision made. 

I'd like to think my ultimate decision will come right at the end when final decisions are made. Even in everyday life i'll try and take a balanced view and that would be the same if I was on a jury. 

When someone's freedom is on the line, it's not the time for gut instincts or 'feelings'. 

Absolutely. You know you need to be a bit concerned when one of them is talking about what fantastic intuition she has, and is considered a witch at work becasue of it. :D

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Large said:

Absolutely. You know you need to be a bit concerned when one of them is talking about what fantastic intuition she has, and is considered a witch at work becasue of it. :D

haha! 

She annoyed me right from the start. As if she's never been wrong about something!

Archived