• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

David Alaba Joins Real Madrid

• The title was changed to David Alaba - Wants Real Madrid Transfer
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Seems like it was inevitable, negotiations have not gone well on an extension and alot of that has played out publicly.  His performances have dipped this season and that could definitely be related but basically if the rumours are true about his asking price and or preferred position for that matter then I have no issues moving on. Still hurts but its best for both parties.

2 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

Yeah i really feel sorry for them :ph34r:

Money Crying - Reaction GIFs

2 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

But it’s much, much healthier for the bank balance.

2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I don't think that's the type of green he's most concerned about.

giphy.gif.931bfaa8860d4fafdf9f7e845fa5a6bf.gif

Any top 6 EPL team, PSG, Bayern, Barcelona, Juventus, and several others out there can afford to pay a player whatever he wants, but will use them as part of a plan and philosophy, rather than buy them because it will sell shirts. 

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Any top 6 EPL team, PSG, Bayern, Barcelona, Juventus, and several others out there can afford to pay a player whatever he wants, but will use them as part of a plan and philosophy, rather than buy them because it will sell shirts. 

But thats what this whole deal with Alaba appears to be about; wages. You're right that Bayern can afford what hes allegedly asked for but they wont give him that. If money is his primary motivation then Real does make some sense.

2 minutes ago, Michael said:

Bayern will be ruing losing Alaba for free at the end of the season. Bayern have plenty of quality defenders, but Alaba is up there amongst the best defenders in the world.

I agree to some extent it is sad to see it happen. Hes also been fairly average this season, could be because hes distracted with this whole saga but he was also shite for that one game in midfield before the break. If I was Flick id drop him for Hernandez at this point 100%.

1 minute ago, Viva la FCB said:

But thats what this whole deal with Alaba appears to be about; wages. You're right that Bayern can afford what hes allegedly asked for but they wont give him that. If money is his primary motivation then Real does make some sense.

I agree to some extent it is sad to see it happen. Hes also been fairly average this season, could be because hes distracted with this whole saga but he was also shite for that one game in midfield before the break. If I was Flick id drop him for Hernandez at this point 100%.

Yeah, that's true in some ways. All the speculation about his future seems to have somewhat affected his form, similar to what's happened to Sancho this season. But despite some dips in his performances this season, there's no doubting that he is one of the best defenders in the world when he is fully focused. I personally think that Bayern should have cashed in on him in the summer when he still didnt't accept a contract extension back then. If they put him up for sale in the summer just gone, they would have had plenty of interest and they would have received a very high transfer fee as well. I know last season ended late, but they could still have put him up for sale after the Champions League final. For Bayern to lose a player of his quality for free at the end of the season, is tragic in my opinion.

13 minutes ago, Michael said:

Yeah, that's true in some ways. All the speculation about his future seems to have somewhat affected his form, similar to what's happened to Sancho this season. But despite some dips in his performances this season, there's no doubting that he is one of the best defenders in the world when he is fully focused. I personally think that Bayern should have cashed in on him in the summer when he still didnt't accept a contract extension back then. If they put him up for sale in the summer just gone, they would have had plenty of interest and they would have received a very high transfer fee as well. I know last season ended late, but they could still have put him up for sale after the Champions League final. For Bayern to lose a player of his quality for free at the end of the season, is tragic in my opinion.

Well, I'm not sure Alaba had agreed on being sold last October., since he knew all too well that he would be a free agent this summer- doubt he's stupid enough to renounce that chance to cash in massively.

1 minute ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Well, I'm not sure Alaba had agreed on being sold last October., since he knew all too well that he would be a free agent this summer- doubt he's stupid enough to renounce that chance to cash in massively.

Yes, it's true that he will receive a bomb wage wise when he joins a club on a free transfer. I still think though that if they put up for sale at the end of last season, he still could have been tempted by the many clubs that would have been interested in his services. He would still have been given a very respectable wage. There have been many excellent players such as him who joined other clubs  on a transfer a year before their contract expired.

• Subscriber
35 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Further to this there was the quote earlier on that he was "hurt" about there being talk about a potential move, give me a break. You also don't have an agent like Zahavi to just negotiate contact extensions... Or maybe you do for that matter.

The renewal conversations between Ramos and Madrid are said to have reached a deadlock. The player wants a 2-year deal, the club is only offering one year. 

According to some rumors in Spain, Sergio Ramos could be joining PSG. He apparently told Florentino Pérez that he could be going to PSG to be a part of a super team, including Ramos himself, Messi and Neymar. 

So, Ramos to PSG, Alaba to Real?  :117_eyes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 04/01/2021 at 12:52, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I've never understood why players want to play for that club that treats players like toys. 

Money, decent chance at winning the CL, get to meet Zidane with low likelihood of being headbutted. Decent perks, tbh.

10 minutes ago, Danny said:

Simple fact is unless you have a Barcelona allegiance, you do not turn down Real Madrid. Biggest club in the world by a country mile.

If I was a footballer, I'd turn down Real Madrid.

Granted, I'd probably be extra shite so it might be like a "hey I think your scouts have made a huge mistake and I don't want Spaniards to harass me once they realise I am so shite." But I don't really like the way fans of Real Madrid/Barca act, so if I was at a big English or German club (or PSG/Man City) I'd probably still turn them down because I'd rather play for fans that are less shitty to their players.

Archived