talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Moises Caicedo Joins Brighton

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the best U20 players in South America at the moment.

Not the best move for him but a good move for United if they plan to utilize him and not just stick him in the U23 which is likely.

Has 2 assists in 4 games for Ecuador and he's 19. For Independiente Del Valle he's also been quite key in their Libertadores run.

Talks about him joining United seem to be a bit premature, I belive they are talking to his club but so are others, such as Everton, AC Milan and West Ham are supposed to have made an offer today.  This move doesn't look to be so straight forward,  there are rumours of 3rd party ownership and there are multiple agents claiming to represent him.

Everything you hear about Caicedo points to him having great potential, an old fashioned box to box midfielder and he would be little or no the risk at the low price that is being quoted.  Though I expect the final price will be double or triple the orginal price of £4.5 M when the transfer is final complete.

2 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

Though I expect the final price will be double or triple the orginal price of £4.5 M when the transfer is final complete.

Nah, the Ecuadorian league value is peanuts. Clubs don't want to pay that price unless it's in Brazil.

Archived