talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Perisic to Leave Inter

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I'm not saying he is shit, but he's not worth that. It says something to me that both player and club are desperate to get this deal over the line. Perisic cost Inter what, €13m? Quite the profit here.

• Administrator

where's he gonna fit in the squad? 

I presume he'll go ahead of Martial in the United pecking order? 

I really like Perisic but he'll only do well if he plays regularly. Probably not worth the amount being thrown around but in this market, if you throw enough money about you'll get your player. 

• Administrator

If he is to replace Martial, I'm struggling to understand what his issue is with him. And it's clearly personal because Martial has talent in abundance. 

22 minutes ago, Batard said:

If he is to replace Martial, I'm struggling to understand what his issue is with him. And it's clearly personal because Martial has talent in abundance. 

He'd be insane to replace a 21 year old with a 28 year old, but that's what he does.

11 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

He'd be insane to replace a 21 year old with a 28 year old, but that's what he does.

He's not gonna be there for more than 2 years, so to Mourinho it makes no difference that he's 28.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, ATL said:

Perisic was one of the few better players this year. No surprise he is gone, but shocked it's for over 40m. Inter made quite a profit off of him. 

I agree, I'm scratching my head at how they've managed to negotiate that price and that United will pay it!

1 hour ago, Danny said:

I feel like this would be an underwhelming signing considering United have Martial, Rashford, Mata and Mhykitaryan out-wide.

Mata has always been horrible out wide. 

• Administrator

I do think Mata would benefit from a move away from United, then again I don't think he's as mobile as he used to be, not that he's ever really had much pace or had great stamina. 

8 minutes ago, Batard said:

I do think Mata would benefit from a move away from United, then again I don't think he's as mobile as he used to be, not that he's ever really had much pace or had great stamina. 

I don't know how much you watched him during his first two seasons at Chelsea but he practically played as the second-striker. Everything went through him, he was so influential he easily eclipsed 20 goals and 20 assists.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Spike said:

I don't know how much you watched him during his first two seasons at Chelsea but he practically played as the second-striker. Everything went through him, he was so influential he easily eclipsed 20 goals and 20 assists.

I remember him very well at Chelsea, the season they won the Champions League he was their best player by a country mile.

3 minutes ago, Batard said:

I remember him very well at Chelsea, the season they won the Champions League he was their best player by a country mile.

I was so enthralled by his performances that season I went out and bought a 'Mata 10' shirt! I do miss him.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Spike said:

I was so enthralled by his performances that season I went out and bought a 'Mata 10' shirt! I do miss him.

Never could understand Mourinho's reluctance to make room for him. 

57 minutes ago, Batard said:

Never could understand Mourinho's reluctance to make room for him. 

• Is he tall? No.
  • Is he strong? No.
  • Is he quick? No.
  • Does he have an engine? No.

Fails all four of the Mourinho prerequisites.

Archived