talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EFL Cup 2020/21 - Semi-Final - Tottenham 2-0 Brentford

football forum

• Administrator

Hate when players go down and get free kicks like Dier just did. So many defenders do it. Literally just fell to his knees and linesman bought it xD

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Stan said:

You can do that without putting your foot in to the other player's shin. 

Not denying it was bad Stan, a deserved red that could have broken his leg, but very clearly an accident with no intention to put his foot into his shin.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Storts said:

These officials have been awful too. Missed two red cards and an offside goal. Not usually thankful for it but VAR done well today 

What was the other red? 

Our problem tonight is that we just haven’t worked their keeper, second half we really needed to come out and do more but simply couldn’t. Spurs defend deep and it’s difficult to break a group of players as good as this down when they defend with ten men. But still could have whipped more crosses into the box to work them aerially, just not been at the races going forward.

Deserved win for Spurs, not pretty but the better side on the night. Spurs will need to win the final if they want to go for the league imo, this competition so often creates the winning mentality for a title winning side 

• Subscriber

That was extremely comfortable, as expected really against Championship opposition, but job done.  Very surprised at how Brentford set up though. Very negative but in fairness we can struggle breaking down teams that camp in so I get it, just surprised. Hope PEH recovers quickly and no long term damage, he’s so crucial but thankfully shouldn’t need him at the weekend

Hojberg clearly calmed down and aware it was an accident rather than vicious, not sure how anyone watching it could see it as anything other than Dasilva trying a trick and injuring him in the process but here we are. Shame to lose Dasilva for a few games but I expect a team of fringe players to go against Boro in the Cup.

Overall proud of the team and the effort made to get here, beat Fulham, West Brom, Newcastle and Saints. Not a bad run, now to focus our energies on the league 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Danny said:

Hojberg clearly calmed down and aware it was an accident rather than vicious, not sure how anyone watching it could see it as anything other than Dasilva trying a trick and injuring him in the process but here we are. Shame to lose Dasilva for a few games but I expect a team of fringe players to go against Boro in the Cup.

Overall proud of the team and the effort made to get here, beat Fulham, West Brom, Newcastle and Saints. Not a bad run, now to focus our energies on the league 

He’s a former gooner prick - knew what he was doing. 

Just now, Storts said:

He’s a former gooner prick - knew what he was doing. 

He clearly didn’t but here we are, you will believe what you want to believe.

The good thing is Hojberg is fit and healthy, accidents happen and really anyone claiming Dasilva’s intent in trying to roll the ball back under his leg when trying a moment of skill was to injure the opposing player are either lying or have never played the game of football themselves. Scandalous to suggest so really.

• Subscriber
Just now, Danny said:

He clearly didn’t but here we are, you will believe what you want to believe.

The good thing is Hojberg is fit and healthy, accidents happen and really anyone claiming Dasilva’s intent in trying to roll the ball back under his leg when trying a moment of skill was to injure the opposing player are either lying or have never played the game of football themselves. Scandalous to suggest so really.

Ha I don’t actually think he meant it either just on a wum. But it’s a horrible tackle. 

Just now, Storts said:

Ha I don’t actually think he meant it either just on a wum. But it’s a horrible tackle. 

We both know you were just upset and now trying to hide behind the wum excuse, but I’ll let you off Stortsy :hh:

It was a deserved red, fortunately with the FA Cup coming up that will eat into his ban

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Danny said:

We both know you were just upset and now trying to hide behind the wum excuse, but I’ll let you off Stortsy :hh:

It was a deserved red, fortunately with the FA Cup coming up that will eat into his ban

Not at all - was following your stupid posts with my own. Eye for an eye. 

He is gooner scum though 

15 minutes ago, DNA said:

132 year history as a football club, first semi-final of any kind. That’s mad.. and I mean no disrespect, just can’t wrap my head around it.

Not any kind as we’ve been JPT finalists lol

• The title was changed to EFL Cup 2020/21 - Semi-Final - Tottenham 2-0 Brentford
  • 1 month later...
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived