talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EFL Cup 2020/21 - Semi-Final - Tottenham 2-0 Brentford

football forum

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly this year has been so fucking mental that us making it to a semi-final just adds to that, no fans too. Been so difficult to comprehend where we are in the competition and actually enjoy it with everything going on currently.

Im nervous about tonight, I don’t think we’ll go out and attack the game in the way people would expect. Assume it will be a tactical affair to try and nullify Son and Kane. Expecting a heavy loss if I’m honest, but I also believe in the team and the coach to try and pull out the best performance we can.

• Administrator
Just now, Danny said:

How is Ndombele still down? Too early to start time wasting against a Championship side no?

Kick on the back of the achilles isn't nice. 

Disappointing we’re losing cos we’ve been the better side so far, though not much in it. Rico Henry the best player on the pitch, just need to try and grab a goal cos no one wants to be 2-0 down against a Mourinho side

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

How do you know? 

Come off it Stan 😅

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Danny said:

Disappointing we’re losing cos we’ve been the better side so far, though not much in it. Rico Henry the best player on the pitch, just need to try and grab a goal cos no one wants to be 2-0 down against a Mourinho side

Come off it Stan 😅

Huh? 

Decent first half even if we’re losing. Spurs struggling to get round our press, can’t really contain Henry and Canos. Unfortunately Toney has been quiet and bar the odd cross Mbeumo needs to do more.

I don’t see why we can’t up things and grab a goal, but need to stay defensively solid as we’ve kept Kane and Son fairly quiet so far

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Danny said:

Come off it Stan 😅

Hahaha every team against us - ‘better side’ you’ve done nothing at all - we’ve been very comfortable. It’s so boring and I don’t like watching us but we are just doing what is needed right now 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Danny said:

Decent first half even if we’re losing. Spurs struggling to get round our press, can’t really contain Henry and Canos. Unfortunately Toney has been quiet and bar the odd cross Mbeumo needs to do more.

I don’t see why we can’t up things and grab a goal, but need to stay defensively solid as we’ve kept Kane and Son fairly quiet so far

Also press?! What press. You’ve camped 11 men in your half for most of it. 

4 minutes ago, Storts said:

Hahaha every team against us - ‘better side’ you’ve done nothing at all - we’ve been very comfortable. It’s so boring and I don’t like watching us but we are just doing what is needed right now 

Starting to sound like you pre-Mourinho aren’t I? :ph34r: Though I did say based on chances it should be goalless with little in it

3 minutes ago, Storts said:

Also press?! What press. You’ve camped 11 men in your half for most of it. 

Pressing your keeper, forcing high balls that eventually lead to losing possession, we’ve sat back when needed to and pressed Lloris and your defence when needed to. And let’s not talk about camping eleven men back the way you’ve played 😅.

1 minute ago, Storts said:

That’s a blatant second yellow. How’s he got away with that 

I imagine Riley realised he gave an overwhelming amount of free kicks for set half to you lot and thought fair is fair let’s keep him on

• The title was changed to EFL Cup 2020/21 - Semi-Final - Tottenham 2-0 Brentford
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived