The better place to talk football.

EFL Cup 2020/21 - Semi-Final - Tottenham 2-0 Brentford

football forum

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
Just now, Danny said:

The difference a kneecap can make, no real advantage gained from it but they’re the rules. Good goal from Spurs, you know that’s going in as soon as Son gets in on goal

I don't get how it can be determined where the defenders foot is. Usually back VAR but not sure how conclusive that can be considering the foot can't be seen behind Toney's knee? 

Just now, Stan said:

I don't get how it can be determined where the defenders foot is. Usually back VAR but not sure how conclusive that can be considering the foot can't be seen behind Toney's knee? 

Look I was going to write that but I thought I was already being OTT with my other posts. But completely, VAR can not determine where his foot ends so cannot disallow it. But here we are

• Subscriber
Just now, Danny said:

Dasilva’s clearly lost his footing trying to hold onto the ball there, red card. Dasilva has tried to hook the ball back which is why the right foot has come up. No intention to land anything on Hojberg just an accident 

Behave. That’s a shocker with intent. 

• Administrator
Just now, Danny said:

Dasilva has tried to hook the ball back which is why the right foot has come up. No intention to land anything on Hojberg just an accident 

Can't really defend that mate, whatever he's trying to do. 

Just now, Danny said:

Dasilva’s clearly lost his footing trying to hold onto the ball there, red card. Dasilva has tried to hook the ball back which is why the right foot has come up. No intention to land anything on Hojberg just an accident 

Nah, not having that. His leg is in such an unnatural position, there’s literally no reason for him to put his foot there. 

Just now, Storts said:

Behave. That’s a shocker with intent. 

No intent at all, watch what he’s doing, is trying to play the ball by dragging the ball back which meant he raised his right foot. He wasn’t even trying to make a tackle. But it was bad and deserved a red

Just now, Stan said:

Can't really defend that mate, whatever he's trying to do. 

Agreed he should be off, but talk of scum and whatever else is off the mark. It was an accident in his part to land on Hojberg like that

• Administrator
Just now, Danny said:

No intent at all, watch what he’s doing, is trying to play the ball by dragging the ball back which meant he raised his right foot. He wasn’t even trying to make a tackle. But it was bad and deserved a red

You can do that without putting your foot in to the other player's shin. 

1 minute ago, Rick said:

Nah, not having that. His leg is in such an unnatural position, there’s literally no reason for him to put his foot there. 

There is. He has raised his foot so his other foot can drag the ball back underneath it. There is no need for him to try and foul Hojberg as he already had the ball, was just a wreck less action that could have been much worse. But no intent

• The title was changed to EFL Cup 2020/21 - Semi-Final - Tottenham 2-0 Brentford
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived