Emi Buendia Joins Aston Villa

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

2024 according to Transfermarkt.

Arsenal will have to pay the ransom fee demanded if they want the release of this hostage, then. Otherwise they'll have to resort to Barcelona tactics and do everything they can to unsettle him to the point where he'll stop being a professional and refuse to turn up to training/matches. And no club should do that.

But I do wonder how many clubs now that are demanding pre-COVID prices for players are also feeling a bit of a strain from the post-COVID financial issues - and how much more likely clubs will be to drop their prices now, while publicly asking for as much money as they can (which, you can't blame a club that's got rich suitors for trying to get as much money as they can...obviously, it's like if I'm selling a TV, I'll want to get as much cash for that). Nothing wrong with clubs wanting a premium paid to release a player from their contractual obligations, regardless of how much a player might want the move away.

I think we'll first try and get Odegaard on a permanent. Although there's a good chance clubs in better positions will try and make a move. Real Madrid of course could try and keep him but they're idiots when it comes to young players. Let's hope they make the same mistake as they did with Hakimi and Theo Hernandez, and let's hope Odegaard doesn't want an easy career... 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

I reckon we'd be properly in for him but perhaps knew how much Norwich would want. I don't blame them though. Clearly a good talent and probably won't have any issues playing in PL. They have the right to ask for so much. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, shut up said:

If the person terms have already been agreed and the medical is done then there's no way we bid for him yesterday. Sun journalists using Arsenal's name for clicks again. 9_9

Welcome to the world of journalism. 90% is pure bollocks and lazy to the extreme. 

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, Stan said:

Arsenal getting beaten to a signing like this, with the player choosing Villa, is quite telling. 

Absolutely. Villa beating them to a signing shows how far they have fallen. You love to see it

Aye okay mate xD

Was a bit tongue in cheek, but I don’t think it’s necessarily wrong. You’ve got a shite manager, a squad that is average save for a few talented young players and an owner who doesn’t seem arsed about what happens on the pitch. I think it’s just a bit of a depressing time to be at Arsenal. 

He can go to Villa, have one of two good seasons then move on to one of the top clubs. If he goes to Arsenal and performs well, he is a prisoner as you won’t sell on to those clubs, not for a reasonable price anyways. If I was him and I had the choice of either, I’d be choosing Villa. 

• Administrator
26 minutes ago, shut up said:

Also - we've been a selling club since moving to the Emirates (Nasri, RVP, Ox, Cesc). And playing for Arsenal gets you more exposure than playing for Villa. Anybody who wants to play for Madrid, PSG etc... would do well to sign for Arsenal.

That's where the times have changed... You're not as big as you make out if you take out the finances. You used to be a club you would want to go to, and not to be used as a stepping stone... 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, shut up said:

Actually, we've never been that club, Henry, Vieira, Overmars, Petit all left. People rewriting history I see.

Most clubs are like this, even Liverpool (Coutinho, Wijnaldum), Man Utd (Ronaldo, Di Maria & now Pogba), Leicester, Spurs lose their best players quite often

Yes, but you used to regularly be seen as a better bigger club than Leicester, Spurs and often Liverpool. That's not really the case now though is it? Hence how times have changed and you're not that much of a pull for players to go to any more. You used to be on a par with the best clubs in England to sign and play for. Now you've dropped a level through bad management or off field issues, and instead you're seen as a stepping stone of a club. 

Arsenal's status has dropped. I'm not rewriting history at all. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, shut up said:

Yes we've dropped, no doubt about it but we're still a massive prospect. Look at what we've won, even recently. Not many clubs have matched that (City, LFC and Chelsea aside ofc)

We're still comfortably a bigger club than Leicester and Spurs, don't you worry about that. :D you only finished 5 points above this 'average' Arsenal team that are in a 'shambles' btw. Let's not get too giddy Stanley. 

Anyway, I'm off to enjoy my sunday, not listening to drivel about how spurs and Leicester are anywhere near the size of Arsenal xD

It's nice to be in the conversation regardless considering where we were merely 10-15 years ago though ;)

I'll happily take a league title 5 years ago compared to whenever the last one you won was :P

33 minutes ago, shut up said:

Actually, we've never been that club, Henry, Vieira, Overmars, Petit all left. People rewriting history I see.

Most clubs are like this, even Liverpool (Coutinho, Wijnaldum), Man Utd (Ronaldo, Di Maria & now Pogba), Leicester, Spurs lose their best players quite often

Yeah but they replace them. 

Then you're an idiot and probably why you've made so many bad life choices xD

One of those is getting into a debate with a donut like you. 

Arsenal are in as bad a situation as us under Hodgson. Your manager is a clueless bellend who only got the job because he hung around with some slaphead for a while. More of an Everton legend anyways. You couldn’t pay me to join Arsenal right now....oh wait, yeah you can. I’ll have the same 3 year contract at 250k p/w that you gave the mighty Willian. 

Archived