Alcoyano vs Huesca
Girona vs Lugo
Las Rozas vs Eibar

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Atletico Madrid knocked out by Cornella

Ibiza smashed Celta Vigo 5-2 last night as well.

They nearly knocked Barcelona out last year too.

The 1 legged ties make the Copa del rey better than ever.

It's a shame they haven't been able to get around to playing last year's final between Real Sociedad and Athletic Bilbao though, but the plan is to have that as the first game when fans are back in the stands.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Stan said:

Real Madrid with players like Kroos, Marcelo, Benzema, Isco, Lucas, Casemiro, Vinicius, Asensio, Hazard taken to extra-time by Alcoyano...

2-1 now.

Let's hope they can hold on! Or even add another.

I remember when they were knocked out off Alcorcón and then Real Union the season after(o think in 2009 and 2010) so it doesn't surprise me if they do go out. They were over 2 legs aswell!

Casanova scored.

2 penalties missed! Ridiculous.

Saying that, the Cornell's keeper, Juan Ramírez, saved both so he deserves credit at the same time. He's also made another series of good saves. This fella should be in a higher division judging by tonight's performance.

Cornella have had their chances too and I could see them winning this.

Braithwaithe is painfully shit. Then you see Suarez has scored yet another important goal for Atleti tonight. And yes I am going to bring that up all season xD

• Administrator

Round of 16

Tuesday 26th January, 2021
Real Valladolid vs Levante, 18.00
Girona vs Villarreal, 20.00
Real Betis vs Real Sociedad, 20.00

Wednesday 27th January, 2021
Sevilla vs Valencia, 18.00
Almeria vs Osasuna, 20.00
Rayo Vallecano vs Barcelona, 20.00

Thursday 28th January, 2021
Navalcarnero vs Granada, 18.00
Alcoyano vs Athletic Bilbao, 20.00

• Subscriber
On 21/01/2021 at 21:42, Carnivore Chris said:

2 penalties missed! Ridiculous.

Saying that, the Cornell's keeper, Juan Ramírez, saved both so he deserves credit at the same time. He's also made another series of good saves. This fella should be in a higher division judging by tonight's performance.

Cornella have had their chances too and I could see them winning this.

Braithwaithe is painfully shit. Then you see Suarez has scored yet another important goal for Atleti tonight. And yes I am going to bring that up all season xD

It really is baffling though mate how they got rid of him and then use Braithwaite as the main striker.

31 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

He's terrible. Great fella and he tries, but not up to the standard.

He's more a championship player for me, he'd do well at that level.

I have a Middlesbrough supporting friend who just can't get over seeing Braithwaite lining up alongside Messi these days xD

Think he was pretty terrible, even for them. And they've had some absolutely shocking strikers in the last fifteen years coming through there. (The name Alfonso Alves still gives him nightmares)

25 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

I have a Middlesbrough supporting friend who just can't get over seeing Braithwaite lining up alongside Messi these days xD

Think he was pretty terrible, even for them. And they've had some absolutely shocking strikers in the last fifteen years coming through there. (The name Alfonso Alves still gives him nightmares)

He wasn't even great for Leganes either and it just made no sense.

Would have made more sense to keep Suarez and get rid of Braithwaithe and Coutinho. He always said he'd be willing to take a back seat if a younger striker was purchased and he'd have taken a pay cut in my opinion.

23 hours ago, Stan said:

@Carnivore Chris just seen Barca have scored 2 very late goals to rescue the game vs Granada. Good goals? 

The best goal was the Alba one(I think it was the 5th), not just for the volley, but the pass with the outside of the boot by Griezmann.

It was a fantastic game in the end. Barcelona shouldn't have really been down by 2 goals as there were enough chances created to win 3 games by that point and Granada only had a few chances.

Umtiti is terrible since his injury problems. So out of shape and slow. He was a beast when he was first signed but injuries have killed him.

The late goals came as a surprise as it didn't look like it would happen..great comeback in the end and probably the best Barça comeback I can remember, not including the game against PSG. 

Alot of character was shown last night and Griezmann finally seems to be showing his worth now, with 2 goals and an assist. 

Dembélé and Puig also brought alot of energy to the game when coming on. 

Ansu Fati is nearly back aswell, which will be a huge plus if he resumes playing as he did before injury.

21 hours ago, Panna King said:

De Jong seems to be in great form under Koeman, he is scoring nearly every game in the last month! was never a goal scorer really before. 

He's all over the pitch and does everything, to add scoring to his game just adds to his list of attributes. Such a quality player. The best signing the club have made in years. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived