Spanish Copa Del Rey 2020/21

football forum

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sevilla vs Barcelona

Athletic club vs Levante

Aduriz did the draw, it was a massive fix :ph34r:

On a serious note, I don't see Barcelona getting past Sevilla away. At home, maybe, but it'll be ultra-difficult at the Ramón Sanchez. The team will have to play at their absolute best in order to win that one. This Lopetegui Sevilla side are no joke.

As for the other tie, I wouldn't rule out Levante as they have gotten this far after all, but I think Athletic will be too much for them, especially at home.

6 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Sevilla vs Barcelona

Athletic club vs Almería

Aduriz did the draw, it was a massive fix :ph34r:

On a serious note, I don't see Barcelona getting past Sevilla away. At home, maybe, but it'll be ultra-difficult at the Ramón Sanchez. The team will have to play at their absolute best in order to win that one. This Lopetegui Sevilla side are no joke.

As for the other tie, I wouldn't rule out Almería as they have gotten this far after all, but I think Athletic will be too much for them, especially at home.

Can you confirm it's Almeria you'll play Athletic Club? Asking because German football magazines say Levante?

5 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Can you confirm it's Almeria you'll play Athletic Club? Asking because German football magazines say Levante?

Sorry, it is Levante. I don't even know why I said Almería, as they were knocked out in the last round against Sevilla.

Thanks for pointing it out mate. I'm having one of those days xD

49 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Umtiti is fucking horrible!

Koeman would do a better job as player managrr. In fact even @Danny would be a better choice, literally.

Teams only need one attack and they score.

I say that and then he pulls off some great defending! 

He's slow and very mistake prone since his strong of injuries though.

Great run by Messi then also, it's like he's still in his 20s.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

2nd legs of the semi-finals this week

Wednesday 3rd March, 2021
Barcelona (0) vs (2) Sevilla, 20.00

Thursday 4th March, 2021
Levante (1) vs (1) Athletic Bilbao, 20.00

• 1 month later...

4-0.. Griezmann, De Jong and Messi(X2) with the goals.

It's good to see Barcelona playing entertaining possession football again, it's about improving next season now in certain aspects and this side can be one of the best in the world again, barring Messi stays since he's the heart of most of what goes on. His first goal was brilliant. 

De Jong and Griezmann were class tonight, same with Alba, although the whole team were. De Jong with a goal and 2 assists. His understanding with Messi and Pedri just keeps growing also. Fantastic player.

I watched it on a high quality stream from Telecinco, which was even better quality than Premier Sports. Good decision as the commentary and coverage is significantly better than Premier Sports. 

21 hours ago, Stan said:

:congrats:

It's not a Copa del Rey final without a trademark Messi goal!

De Jong just keeps getting better himself. Top midfielder. Genuine class.

With Real Madrid drawing 0-0 tonight against Getafe, this means Barcelona now depend on themselves..win the 8 remaining games(one Vs Atlético) and that would guarantee the league title. All 3 clubs will probably still drop points though and any of the 3 can win it.

Sevilla are only 1 point behind Barça and 3 behind Real also, so they are an outsider still.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived