talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Olivier Giroud Signs for AC Milan

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

TBF I'd like to see Zlatan and Giroud on the same team. But, I dont think Frank should let him go, hes got enough about him to get goals for Chelsea when things are going right for them in games.

• 4 months later...

To be honest I never rated him when he first came to England but he's been a good player over the years. 

He knows how to score important goals and a lot of clubs could do far worse than having him in their squad. 

• 2 weeks later...

AC Milan reach an agreement to sign Olivier Giroud from Chelsea, according to @cmdotcom.
They will pay €4m (£3.4m) including bonuses, on a two-year contract.

Been a pleasure. Absolute professional.

• 4 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Olivier Giroud - Set to Move to AC Milan
On 31/05/2021 at 13:07, Devil said:

To be honest I never rated him when he first came to England but he's been a good player over the years. 

He knows how to score important goals and a lot of clubs could do far worse than having him in their squad. 

I think he’s criminally underrated tbh, but I’m in the same boat as you. Didn’t really rate him, then started to really rate him.

When he left Arsenal, I think it was a bigger loss than a lot of people thought. He’s just got a winning attitude and a good work ethic - it’s led to big performances and big goals.

Maybe he’s not the most prolific or the most consistent, but that doesn’t mean he’s not a good player.

Even that World Cup where they won but he scored 0 goals… I thought he put in some big and important performances for France that sort of go unrecognised because he had the composure of someone who wasn’t sure if they’d farted or shat themselves each time he shit the ball that tournament.

I do think it’s a bit weird to have 2 old as fuck strikers… but it’s AC Milan, age doesn’t scare them. Maldini probably doesn’t understand why more players don’t look world class at 37 like he did

Good moves for both parties I'd say. 

I'll just mimic what others have said about this demeanor, truly comes off as a great guy with a solid head on his shoulders. 

If I were in charge, I'd probably try to keep him around as long as possible given what he can offer but if it's a question of allowing others more playing time and Giroud himself wanting it, then this move makes sense.

Not someone perhaps a top team can rely on constantly throughout a season but a great option for rotation, certain tactical conditions, and for certain stretches during a season where he can still play a lot of games. Top man, he'll be remembered very fondly by Chelsea fans. He's been capable of coming straight into the team without much previous playing time and for the most part performing from the get-go. 

Archived