talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mesut Ozil to Fenerbache

football forum

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best thing for everybody, shame the way it ended especially as I really enjoyed his first 5 years here. I always defended him and didn't get a much credit as he deserved at times.

The last 2 and a half years have tainted a lot of it for me. Özil has been nothing more than a hindrance since Wenger left. You can say what you like about Emery, but the way Mesut just flat out disrespected and undermined him was so disappointing. After that whole debacle I couldn't wait to see the back of him. Obviously there have been issues with Arteta and even Ljungberg had issues with him. The club hasn't been faultless in all of this and it has been a massive shambles all around, but at least we can move on from this stupid saga now. 

Obviously I don’t know the ins and outs of this but it feels like Ozil really sums up the late Wenger era. Trying to boost the team with a big signing, lots of talent, lots of contribution, missing in the bigger games, to an extent used as a scapegoat but also could have done better himself.

Least Arsenal will have money freed up to buy another Pepe

10 hours ago, Panna King said:

My source said we paid Ozil 7 million to leave.  Ozil is still owed 10 million for a loyalty bonus as well, this could go to court.

I hope he fights it and keeps the money then. It's not his fault he was offered it, it's his by rights. We'd all do the same in our own jobs.

Let this be a valuable lesson to your club to stop handing out stupid contracts.

7 hours ago, Lucas said:

I hope he fights it and keeps the money then. It's not his fault he was offered it, it's his by rights. We'd all do the same in our own jobs.

Let this be a valuable lesson to your club to stop handing out stupid contracts.

I on the other hand disagree, ,Arsenal are liable to fire another fifty staff for this fiasco.

2 hours ago, shut up said:

You don't have any sources. 

Ornstein said we paid him half what was owed and agreed a termination 

And wasn't that the same cunt that told everyone we had all but signed Allegri as our coach?? And last season he said we had no money but ended up spending 150 million on Shite.

• 7 months later...

Finally changed my picture as young Max now joins Mesut in Turkey - got on to the field today - strange though - as he got after Mesut went off.  Seemed to fit in OK and perhaps next time they will play together for the first time in ages.... Sincerely hope it works out well for my young friend!

• 6 months later...

Archived