• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Dr. Dre Recovering After Brain Aneurysm

football forum

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

I hope he recovers and its more than likely from what I am reading. 

Apparently it’s like 50-50 that when you have a ruptured brain aneurysm whether you live or die in the first few hours.

But if you survive it’s something like a greater than 80% chance you won’t have any serious complications.

Let’s hope that he’s in that 80% of survivors.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Apparently it’s like 50-50 that when you have a ruptured brain aneurysm whether you live or die in the first few hours.

But if you survive it’s something like a greater than 80% chance you won’t have any serious complications.

Let’s hope that he’s in that 80% of survivors.

From the sounds of it, it looks to have been caught before the blood vessel ruptured but it must be terrible knowing that's going on inside your head. Definitely hope he's in that 80%!!

3 hours ago, Stan said:

From the sounds of it, it looks to have been caught before the blood vessel ruptured but it must be terrible knowing that's going on inside your head. Definitely hope he's in that 80%!!

I didn’t realise it was an unruptured aneurysm! That’s much better news, loads of people have unruptured aneurysms and never even notice and go their whole lives.

It’s when it’s a ruptured aneurysm that you’ve got a low likelihood of survival.

That man must be keenly in touch with the different types of headaches he’s had in his life!

• Administrator

Absolute cunts 

4 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I hope he recovers and its more than likely from what I am reading. 

18 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I didn’t realise it was an unruptured aneurysm! That’s much better news, loads of people have unruptured aneurysms and never even notice and go their whole lives.

It’s when it’s a ruptured aneurysm that you’ve got a low likelihood of survival.

That man must be keenly in touch with the different types of headaches he’s had in his life!

He's such a musical influence across 3 decades. Huge impact on music for so many people across different generations. Not sure how I'd react if he was to die - probably on same level how I felt when Chester Bennington or MJ died. Just pure shock. 

14 minutes ago, Stan said:

Absolute cunts 

He's such a musical influence across 3 decades. Huge impact on music for so many people across different generations. Not sure how I'd react if he was to die - probably on same level how I felt when Chester Bennington or MJ died. Just pure shock. 

In the last few years so many people I really respected for the music that impacted me have died, weirdly especially in 2020 because it was an absolute cunt of a year. I’d have thought by now that I’d be numb to it, but on Monday I heard some pretty shit news about another legend passing away (and only at 41!) and it is still shocking as fuck tbh.

Dr. Dre would be a devastating loss, he’s an icon even if you’ve never heard his music (although... my question for you then would be... uh how?) you would probably still know who he is.

So let’s hope he fucking stays healthy. The man’s a legend and an icon and we need more of those not less, because the world can be pretty shit and people like him have inspired lots of great artists. And he’s still one of the best rap producers around imo.

Also, I can’t believe cunts tried to rob him

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

In the last few years so many people I really respected for the music that impacted me have died, weirdly especially in 2020 because it was an absolute cunt of a year. I’d have thought by now that I’d be numb to it, but on Monday I heard some pretty shit news about another legend passing away (and only at 41!) and it is still shocking as fuck tbh.

Alexi Laiho? 

I saw on Twitter about that. I don't listen to CoB but I have come across them on Kerrang/Spotify. Heard it was sudden as well. So young :(

• Subscriber

I have such great memories of Dr. Dre in college. I had a roommate who loved the guy and in 2001 when he followed up the Chronic I listened to that album on repeat for two weeks and I didnt mind at all. It was also the first time I actually drove someone to buy an album that they really wanted and this guy never bought a CD after that ever again. His work with Snoop Dogg always stands out to me and from what I know he's worked with so many other people in the industry and produces some stellar stuff. 

5 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

No doubt his medical background has proven invaluable here

5 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Dr. Dre would be a devastating loss, he’s an icon even if you’ve never heard his music (although... my question for you then would be... uh how?) you would probably still know who he is.

If you look at the number of artists he's produced for and brought to prominence, I'd go so far as to say if you haven't heard his music, you actually have and you just don't know it. Eminem's probably his biggest legacy musically, but his work with NWA inspired and amplified social currents which remain active and relevant today.

I'm still waiting for Detox to drop

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Absolute legend, glad he’s recovering. He will go down in history as arguably the greatest producer of all time. And he is just that in my eyes. 

Excuse to play this classic. Get your volume turned up! 

Archived