talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FA Cup 2020/21 - Third Round Matches

football forum

1 hour ago, Danny said:

So apparently Cenk Tosun celebrated with what is a Grey Wolves hand sign, apparently a Turkish far right organisation that has been behind attacks on Armenians and Kurds. Interested to see how the FA react, to a lot of people it’s no different than heiling Hitler in terms of disrespect 

Fuck all will happen because it’s not offensive to anyone in England........

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Danny said:

So apparently Cenk Tosun celebrated with what is a Grey Wolves hand sign, apparently a Turkish far right organisation that has been behind attacks on Armenians and Kurds. Interested to see how the FA react, to a lot of people it’s no different than heiling Hitler in terms of disrespect 

Loads of Turkish celebrities in the West are getting caught doing this.

It’s pretty fucked up, tbh. He should get a ban for that.

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I honestly know nothing about any of this, but the club have said that they spoke to him and he denies it.

If that's what he's done then all the more reason to get him out the club asap.

Yeah I’m pretty clueless I just came across it after seeing a few Kurds tweeting about it, they’re pretty insistent on it’s meaning. Apparently the existence of Grey Wolves have been denied in Turkey but France recently named them a terrorist group I believe.

Saw something as well a while back that I think after Turkish attacks against the Kurds the Turkish players, including Tosun, celebrated a goal in a style that celebrated the attacks.

I’ve only read a couple articles on it, but it doesn’t look great on Tosun’s part atm. Guess it depends on what stance the FA take

• Administrator

Man City at full strength beating Birmingham 2-0 already. 

Chelsea, surprisingly including Mount, Ziyech, Havertz and Werner, 1 up over Morecambe. 

Well...that went well.

Bielsa got it all wrong today. 100%.

Too many changes, wrong shape and then at HT he made 3 subs with two kids that would only have made us weaker when we needed to be better. Jack Harrison has never played striker in his life so why he brought him on to play there I'll never know. Not sure why he took off Cooper for a young lad when they never really threatened us much but that went pear shaped too.

It was all very odd. We never looked like ourselves from minute one and what's most disappointing is the players who haven't featured regularly didn't show anything to prove they deserve to either. I think they had a 37 year old keeper and we've hardly tested him, and there were some good players on that pitch too.

Less said about our 'keeper the better but that is why the 19 year old Meslier plays in the league and a two time Champions League winner in Kiko Casilla doesn't. Absolute clown.

Crawley deserved it. They were solid, did the simple things right and took their chances and to be totally frank, we never laid a glove on them. The team we put out should have done a lot more.

I would actually question our attitude because we didn't look particularly interested but then, if you know your history, you'll also know we've been knocked out by Newport, Sutton, Rochdale, Histon etc in recent years so mentally, we don't handle this competition well.

Some weird behaviour on here though when it comes to Leeds judging by some of those comments above, tongue in cheek or not, especially when we're a newly promoted side more than justifying in the league why we play the way we do.

The irony is today, we didn't play anything like we have been, just a really bad day at the office, got deservedly beat and should take our medicine. Can't help it if the Media are the one's building us up in the league though.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived