talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FA Cup 2020/21 - Third Round Matches

football forum

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I would probably have rested players, but I actually understand the need for thinking "we should destroy the children" given our bad run of results and performances.

It's also probably very similar to the side he planned to play against Villa's first team. I don't think it's as simple as him being able to just swap these players out for under 23s.

Also, are they not allowed to mix first teams with under 23s for example? It's notable that in the dead rubber in the CL and a cup game he's not usually arsed about that he's gone so strong

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Was I reading that correctly that Villa will be playing a load of youngsters/unknowns in tonight's game due to Covid in the first team?? 

yeah the under 18 team i think. its a farce tbh. liverpool should have been a good sport and played the u18 team imo. better still flip a coin to see who goes through and dont risk injuries or covid victims. 

• Administrator
30 minutes ago, Rick said:

Yeah, I didn’t expect half of those names to be playing tonight. 

You need to start trusting Klopp and stop acting like you know better :ph34r:

Just now, UNIQUE said:

yeah the under 18 team i think. its a farce tbh. liverpool should have been a good sport and played the u18 team imo. better still flip a coin to see who goes through and dont risk injuries or covid victims. 

Well it does hand a massive advantage to Liverpool can't deny that and if we lived in a world where sportsmanship came above results then Liverpool might have taken that option, still, a perfect opportunity to rest some of the key Liverpool players I would have thought.. 

7 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Well it does hand a massive advantage to Liverpool can't deny that and if we lived in a world where sportsmanship came above results then Liverpool might have taken that option, still, a perfect opportunity to rest some of the key Liverpool players I would have thought.. 

Did Villa rest anyone last year when Liverpool had to play in Asia the next day! Did they fuck. 

English double standards for Liverpool as usual.

3 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Did Villa rest anyone last year when Liverpool had to play in Asia the next day! Did they fuck. 

English double standards for Liverpool as usual.

One of the reasons I asked the question was because I was curious why it was that Villa are able to field a group of youngsters despite having most of the first team out with Covid and not cancel when the other week City were able to cancel their game against Everton for having 5 players not available but as I was typing it, it occurred to me that maybe it was because of the short notice involved in that particular game or indeed that the rules of the Premier League are not the same for the FA Cup so I didn't end up mentioning it in the end... until now of course, It wasn't about what's fair or not for either side, I think we are all experienced enough to know that in sport if an opponent shows weakness and an opportunity presents itself then it will be taken advantage of... 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Klopp has probably read comments on this forum and agreed that we have absolute no chance of winning the league without a new CB.. so is going all out for the FA Cup :ph34r:

should sign a CB right this second then and go for both :ph34r:

Just now, Bluewolf said:

One of the reasons I asked the question was because I was curious why it was that Villa are able to field a group of youngsters despite having most of the first team out with Covid and not cancel when the other week City were able to cancel their game against Everton for having 5 players not available but as I was typing it, it occurred to me that maybe it was because of the short notice involved in that particular game or indeed that the rules of the Premier League are not the same for the FA Cup so I didn't end up mentioning it in the end... until now of course, It wasn't about what's fair or not for either side, I think we are all experienced enough to know that in sport if an opponent shows weakness and an opportunity presents itself then it will be taken advantage of... 

The Man City cancellation was an absolute disgrace, everyone knows Man City could have played that game. Unfortunately the Premier League sets its own rules. One of the worst things about English football is how we’ve allowed the top league to do its own thing.

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Interesting line up, not what I expected at all actually.

More surprised at Klopp's continuous moaning this season about lack of rest for players, and then picking Mane and Salah against Villa kids.

I guess he feels like he wants to use this game to get the confidence back up.

I think this is exactly it. Salah definitely needs a chance to play himself into form and maybe Mane as well. I'm surprised to see Fabinho and both of Henderson and Wijnaldum, but I suppose we do actually want to try and win the game. We've got 5 subs tonight as well so could see some of the aforementioned replaced early

8 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

I think this is exactly it. Salah definitely needs a chance to play himself into form and maybe Mane as well. I'm surprised to see Fabinho and both of Henderson and Wijnaldum, but I suppose we do actually want to try and win the game. We've got 5 subs tonight as well so could see some of the aforementioned replaced early

To be frank, we often pan teams for not playing decent sides in this competition so it's nice to see Liverpool taking it seriously albeit for different motives. 

3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

To be frank, we often pan teams for not playing decent sides in this competition so it's nice to see Liverpool taking it seriously 

Exactly. For years Klopp has took pelters from all angles for not taking the FA Cup seriously... first time he does.... takes pelters for not resting players. 

• Administrator
Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Exactly. For years Klopp has took pelters from all angles for not taking the FA Cup seriously... first time he does.... takes pelters for not resting players. 

If he hadn't had made the comments a few weeks ago about 'player welfare' then choosing the players tonight wouldn't have mattered...

• The topic was unpinned

Archived