talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Queen's Gambit

football forum

I thought this deserves it's own topic. I'm 5 Episodes in now, but it is one of the best series I've watched recently. 

Just heard a great quote from it. "Anger is a potent spice. A pinch wakes you up, too much dulls your senses". 

Great cast too. Love the lead actress! She's talented and fascinating to look at. :x

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Yes, great series and binged it very quickly! 

My comments from the other thread:

I'm a few episodes in and I can totally get where you're coming from with this [in response to Lucas' comment]. 

I don't usually like actors being changed but it was seamless pretty much albeit it very early on. You're right about Anya Taylor-Joy. She plays the role fantastically.

I have a small liking for chess as I used to play when I was much younger and watching it brought back a few memories. Ask most people about chess and one of the first words will either be 'slow' or 'boring'. Something to change their minds would be this programme. Encapsulating is a perfect word. 

Looking forward to seeing how it progresses.

Finished it last night. :( Enjoyed it immensely! I'd say it's great. The cinematography is beautiful, the story is interesting, the characters, the acting, the music is god damn good. And now it's all over. :(

• 5 months later...

Archived