talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham 1-1 Fulham - Wednesday 13th January, 2021

football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 20.15 (GMT)

Live on Amazon Prime

e6df9075f2a3dca8eda72d87d90cf4f6.jpg      VS      1200px-Fulham_FC_(shield).svg.png

Recent Form
Tottenham - WWWDW
Fulham - WDDDD

Last 3 Meetings
20/01/2019 - Fulham 1-2 Tottenham
18/08/2018 - Tottenham 3-1 Fulham
19/02/2017 - Fulham 0-3 Tottenham (FA Cup)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This game actually might be a bit more interesting now there's some needle between the managers.

I get Parker's comments and if it happened to Jose, he would cry like a little bitch but you just got to get on with it this season. 

Things are not normal and you have to allow for flexibility. If anything, you'd think it'll probably fire them up more to get a result than it would in normal circumstances.

Can see it being a 2-0/2-1 for Spurs. Don't see a cakewalk anyway, Fulham have improved defensively.

• The title was changed to Tottenham 1-0 Fulham - Wednesday 13th January, 2021
  • The title was changed to Tottenham 1-1 Fulham - Wednesday 13th January, 2021
  • Subscriber

I've been a bigger defender than most of Mourinho and as a neutral I'd love to see a Mourinho side go toe to toe with Guardiola and Klopp's sides in a title race but you have to say here, he and Spurs have got what they deserved again in being pegged back.

Fulham a good watch again. Good to see Lookman developing into a quality Premier League player.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Fulham a good watch again. Good to see Lookman developing into a quality Premier League player.

Reckon he needs to be a bit more consistent...

On 16/12/2020 at 14:48, Cicero said:

You see, a big reason why I find conservative football unsustainable for top clubs is perfectly demonstrated by Spurs performance tonight. Bergwijn is essentially a wing back and Son is playing as a DM for the majority of the game. 

Is it successful? Of course, especially when the players buy into the "us vs them" mentality Mourinho implements. It's whether or not the players want to make a career out of it during their prime years. So its no surprise Mourinho has a track record of his sides downing tools 

Not saying Spurs' players are doing so, but to keep on persisting with this kind of football will affect them in the future. 

How many points have Spurs dropped from a winning position this year?

Newcastle, West Ham, Palace, Wolves, Fulham I can think of. That's 10pts straight off the bat. The difference between 1st place and 6th.

Psychologically that has to start praying on your mind as a Spurs player if you are only a goal ahead with 10/15 mins to go.

Surely got to start going for the kill more.

• Subscriber
52 minutes ago, Lucas said:

How many points have Spurs dropped from a winning position this year?

Newcastle, West Ham, Palace, Wolves, Fulham I can think of. That's 10pts straight off the bat. The difference between 1st place and 6th.

Psychologically that has to start praying on your mind as a Spurs player if you are only a goal ahead with 10/15 mins to go.

Surely got to start going for the kill more.

He will never change. Dinosaur. It’s so infuriating. I don’t want him in charge of the club. He’s wasting a very good group of players. 

9 minutes ago, Storts said:

He will never change. Dinosaur. It’s so infuriating. I don’t want him in charge of the club. He’s wasting a very good group of players. 

He is. I said it before somewhere but as an attacking player in this squad, you have got to be going bananas, like you can't express yourself properly. No Bale, Alli or Lucas used tonight. Makes no sense.

From the outside, it feel's a little bit 50/50 amongst your lot. Some can't stand him like yourself, whilst some seem a bit blindsided thinking he might at least win a Cup this year. It could be so so much more...

You've every right to be hacked off, especially as Levy has backed him too.

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Lucas said:

He is. I said it before somewhere but as an attacking player in this squad, you have got to be going bananas, like you can't express yourself properly. No Bale, Alli or Lucas used tonight. Makes no sense.

From the outside, it feel's a little bit 50/50 amongst your lot. Some can't stand him like yourself, whilst some seem a bit blindsided thinking he might at least win a Cup this year. It could be so so much more...

You've every right to be hacked off, especially as Levy has backed him too.

Absolutely. The lineup was so negative. 4 CMs - Sissoko on the right wing. Sanchez is a liability at the back unfortunately. Dier not much better when he isn’t with Toby. 

oh it’s very split yeah that’s totally accurate although there has been a bit shift tonight. Not sure why it’s only tonight they’ve reacted so badly because it’s been the same in all the games above recently where we’ve sat back on a lead and paid the price but so many more people speaking out. I’m sorry but for me, no league cup win makes up for how awful it is to watch 80% of the time and the lack of ambition.

Exactly. He has the tools. So many good attacking players - but he won’t use half of them and can’t get the best out of the others. He’s been bailed out by how good Son and Kane are but it’s totally not sustainable.

Particularly because the style of play doesn’t suit a defence like ours where they always have a mistake in them. He keeps trying to hold these leads with defenders that just can’t do it the majority of the time. 

4 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I've been a bigger defender than most of Mourinho and as a neutral I'd love to see a Mourinho side go toe to toe with Guardiola and Klopp's sides in a title race but you have to say here, he and Spurs have got what they deserved again in being pegged back.

Dunno how anyone can defend his brand of anti-footy Rando?

What gets me is that he's had the money to spend, it's not as if he's on a tight budget, yet he still churns out the same mind numbing rubbish, season after season, club after club:|

• Administrator
1 hour ago, MUFC said:

Never saw the game, did Spurs try killing the game off? Or did he get them to sit back and try holding on?

First half good. Had plenty of chances. Went 1-0 up. Presumably Jose thought that was enough.

Created barely anything second half. Should have killed the game off and then sat back. Fulham did much better and created a couple of chances, scoring one of them. Then brought Kamara on and Spurs could relax a bit.

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

Dunno how anyone can defend his brand of anti-footy Rando?

What gets me is that he's had the money to spend, it's not as if he's on a tight budget, yet he still churns out the same mind numbing rubbish, season after season, club after club:|

It's not so much the style of play I've defended, it's his record and the end product. Easy to defend the methods when they were flirting with a title challenge but also incredibly easy to stop defending it when they fall away. Not a hill I'm willing to die on by any means.

It’s just like he has not learned. Or rather, it seems like he does briefly and then forgets.

Football is just so chaotic and unpredictable these days that the old “Score a goal, sit back, put 2 or three more goals past them on the counter” can’t be relied on anymore.

Smaller teams can and very frequently will put the ball in the net somehow if you let them have it for extended stretches. Very few teams can sit in a 4-4-1-1, shuffle side to side all game, and keep a clean sheet anymore.

Even Atléti, the experts, often get punished for it. 

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Cicero said:

Make no mistake, Mourinho pre 2015 would’ve done wonders with this current Spurs crop. 

Poch’s 2016/17 side would be winning the league this season. How that team didn’t win something I’ll never know. Most goals scored, fewest goals conceded. 

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Storts said:

How that team didn’t win something I’ll never know. Most goals scored, fewest goals conceded. 

Can't work it out either 

20210114_115105.jpg

• The topic was unpinned

Archived