Crystal Palace - LWDLL

Last 3 Meetings
11/01/2020 - Crystal Palace 1-1 Arsenal
27/10/2019 - Arsenal 2-2 Crystal Palace
21/04/2019 - Arsenal 2-3 Crystal Palace

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is actually a big test for us. Not because of who we are playing but to see if we can get 4 wins in a row. We really need to be able to do that to even finish fifth let alone 4th.

Gonna go for 2.1 arsenal

• The title was changed to Arsenal 0-0 Crystal Palace - Thursday 14th January, 2021

For me this shows that arteta should go. We had a bit of momentum and weren't  able to keep it up. I wanted to give him a chance to turn it around but clearly he isn't good enough.  I'm not saying sack him right away unless we have a replacement ready. But I would be very frustrated if he wasn't sacked at the end of the season.

27 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

For me this shows that arteta should go. We had a bit of momentum and weren't  able to keep it up. I wanted to give him a chance to turn it around but clearly he isn't good enough.  I'm not saying sack him right away unless we have a replacement ready. But I would be very frustrated if he wasn't sacked at the end of the season.

I think you just need to put into context that there's been a lot of games lately, 120mins at the weekend against Newcastle, arguably without your best player in Tierney tonight too, and playing against a low block side that were difficult to break down.

Your 'star' player is giving you very little, like a couple of the other senior players and the weight of expectancy is basically on two young lads to create the openings. It's not always going to happen.

Accept where you're at at the moment. A midtable side. You don't really roll these sides over regularly anymore.

Take the clean sheet, the point and move on. It's been a good Christmas for you guys, you've eased the relegation fears and can relax a bit more now. There was always going to be a dip somewhere.

17 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I think you just need to put into context that there's been a lot of games lately, 120mins at the weekend against Newcastle, arguably without your best player in Tierney tonight too, and playing against a low block side that were difficult to break down.

Your 'star' player is giving you very little, like a couple of the other senior players and the weight of expectancy is basically on two young lads to create the openings. It's not always going to happen.

Accept where you're at at the moment. A midtable side. You don't really roll these sides over regularly anymore.

Take the clean sheet, the point and move on. It's been a good Christmas for you guys, you've eased the relegation fears and can relax a bit more now. There was always going to be a dip somewhere.

I would say that I am a lot more patient than most fans. I think managers need time and just because managers are normally sacked after a few bad results doesn't mean it is the right thing to do. However I  don't see anything to suggest to me that we will be a decent side under arteta. Unless we can get a top manager in I do want to give him until the end of the season. However unless we have a good end to the season that gives us some hope I would be disappointed if he wasnt sacked personally. Its nothing personal against him,  I like him I'm sure he does his best but at the moment I dont think he is quite good enough 

15 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Yeah, I still love him though.

Like I said in my other post I like him. I'm sure he does his best and he seems like a  nice guy. And its east to criticise on a football forum. However the fact still remains I dont think he is good enough unfortunately 

• The topic was unpinned

Extremely poor game, Arsenal offered nothing going forward what so ever, its very worrying that it comes down to the fact our 1st choice left back is 1 of the few that can create chances in this team as he was a huge loss.   This shows that tactically Arteta is not up to it just like in the last game against Newcastle and maybe others at home apart from the shock Chelsea win, he is unable to find a way to break teams down.  Pepe is a disaster and needs to be off loaded as soon as possible, we need someone with more cutting edge on the wings, Martinelli has made a huge difference in the few games that he has played but its just not enough.   

Archived