talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2021/2022 - Kits

football forum

The new scope for third kits is to be as out there as possible, United have done it, City do it every year and Liverpool have had an odd one as well. 

They sell well, the day of the release of the zebra kit I went for a walk around Salford Quays with the wife, after we walked past the United superstore so I took a look at the kit. The place was rammed so I asked the security guard if they'd sold many Zebra kits and his reply was they must have had nearly every kid in Manchester in buying one. 

The third kit traditionally sold badly, the new out their designs boost sales. 

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Devil said:

The new scope for third kits is to be as out there as possible, United have done it, City do it every year and Liverpool have had an odd one as well. 

They sell well, the day of the release of the zebra kit I went for a walk around Salford Quays with the wife, after we walked the United superstore so I took a look at the kit. The place was rammed so I asked the security guard if they'd sold many Zebra kits and his reply was they must have had nearly every kid in Manchester in buying one. 

The third kit traditionally sold badly, the new out their designs boost sales. 

They’re made now, I think at least, as fashion items these days rather than football shirts and the target market isn’t your traditional football fan in the old fashioned sense of the term and it’s the younger generation, not necessarily your fanatic fans, they’re aimed at.

11 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

They’re made now, I think at least, as fashion items these days rather than football shirts and the target market isn’t your traditional football fan in the old fashioned sense of the term and it’s the younger generation, not necessarily your fanatic fans, they’re aimed at.

The FIFA generation. 

If you Ultimate team you can win kits, all crazy designs. I think United have actually even released a couple over the last few years. 

The clubs are just copying that trend now. 

I feel like people in this sort of thread (not necessarily everyone here but many on other forums) complain if it doesn't look like a classic kit and then complain if it does look like a classic kit because then it is 'too simple or plain'. Then they'll have an argument over witch sponsor looks best on the kit while moaning about how there are too many ads on the tele.

1 hour ago, Smiley Culture said:

68603654979be3ac744d0340d0393a085ea0ee4f

Thought that looked like a decent effort and then my eyes glanced upwards at that hideous collar. 

Worrying this is that's from Hummel, who are going to be doing our home shirt too.

So happy we’ve (presumably) still got Adidas, quite safe designs as they’re not involved with us, just slap the badge on. These Hummel, Castore smaller brands can go either way with the design, it’s either really good or really bad; that collar is just over-doing it and the Hummel branding on the stripes can get in the bin. 

14 hours ago, ScoRoss said:

A nice retro Germany look to it

The actually have a German flag on the shoulders. :o Then they completely made it neither Belgian nor German at the in middle. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm guessing that Cambridge shirt is trying to resemble a scarf? Looks absolutely gash. The worrying thing for me is that we're with Hummel and whereas they gave us a class away kit their other efforts this season have been abysmal.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived