talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2021/2022 - Kits

football forum

On 05/07/2021 at 23:47, Lucas said:

Not really loving many of the kits I've seen so far but I really like Oldham's.

Just a shame there's bound to be a sponsor annihilate that shirt because otherwise, it's classy.

IMG_20210704_153913.thumb.jpg.970045b4d6b05ea26b9ad1f0911fa3e5.jpg 

The previous badge they had was one of the worst in football, like the very worst depiction of an owl you could conjure up; now one of the best.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like they were getting the kit right with the sleeves and the trim, and then that person called in sick and someone else came in and added a pattern that shouldn’t be there 

Does anyone remember when clubs shirts had a two year life span, I'm pretty certain it was a rule back in the day clubs had to be fair to the fans and keep them for two years, they'd alternate the new shirt each year between the home and the away kit. 

For some reason it creeped in that clubs could change all three strips every season. 

18 minutes ago, Devil said:

Does anyone remember when clubs shirts had a two year life span, I'm pretty certain it was a rule back in the day clubs had to be fair to the fans and keep them for two years, they'd alternate the new shirt each year between the home and the away kit. 

For some reason it creeped in that clubs could change all three strips every season. 

Yeah I am sure there was. Seem to remember Man United for one definitely having a couple of Vodafone shirts for a couple of seasons. 

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, Devil said:

or in Atletico's case now, 4 kits...

6 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Yeah I am sure there was. Seem to remember Man United for one definitely having a couple of Vodafone shirts for a couple of seasons. 

I go as far back as the Sharp kits, there actually used to be a little rectangular label on the bottom of your shirt with 1995-1997 to signify the lifespan of the shirt. 

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

or in Atletico's case now, 4 kits...

Disgrace mate, I hate how greedy the clubs have become. I've seen someone clubs release one of game shirts during seasons. 

It's not fair on the parents, if I had a lad it would cost an absolute fortune, at least back when I was a kid my dad could buy me a shirt knowing I'd get at least 12 months minimum out of it, you can buy a club shirt for £60 now and it's got four months of the season left before it's replaced. 

• Subscriber

That's the goalkeeper's kit to be fair. It doesn't matter so much if it's a bit wild. I'm not that keen on the home kit. The pattern is good but the most prominent lighter blue striped aren't in the right place.

• Administrator
49 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

That's the goalkeeper's kit to be fair. It doesn't matter so much if it's a bit wild. I'm not that keen on the home kit. The pattern is good but the most prominent lighter blue striped aren't in the right place.

I can have tolerance if it's a GK kit. Originally thought it was an away one for some reason but even so, it's not great xD

• The topic was unpinned

Archived