talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leeds 0-1 Brighton - Saturday 16th January, 2021

football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 15.00 (GMT)

Live on Sky Sports

1200px-Leeds_United_F.C._logo.svg.png      VS     1200px-Brighton_&_Hove_Albion_logo.svg.p

Recent Form
Leeds - LLWWL
Brighton - LWDLD

Last 3 Meetings
18/03/2017 - Leeds 2-0 Brighton (Championship)
09/12/2016 - Brighton 2-0 Leeds (Championship)
29/02/2016 - Brighton 4-0 Leeds (Championship)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Bielsa not confident with Meslier from crosses?

Covid.

There is no way Casilla would have been preferred over Meslier otherwise. Not unless Hell freezes over.

Brighton and their big lanky fucks at the back should be targeting us with crosses and corners now we've got that clown between the sticks.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Danny said:

Can we just point out that Leeds haven’t played at home since December and the pitch is shredded?

Since December as if that was such a long time ago xD 

3 minutes ago, Danny said:

Can we just point out that Leeds haven’t played at home since December and the pitch is shredded?

It's been in terrible nick since the Leicester game. I think that's why we're better away from home.

It's horrible for our style.

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Since December as if that was such a long time ago xD 

21 days Stan, very long time of not having a game at home for the pitch to be this bad

5 minutes ago, Lucas said:

It's been in terrible nick since the Leicester game. I think that's why we're better away from home.

It's horrible for our style.

They mentioned snow but surely there must be protections against that for it to be this bad? Pitch covers etc 

You can't win a game without a Midfield. And our Midfield todayis non-existant. Klich looks off the boil and Pascal Struijk is no Kalvin Phillips. No presence at all and as a result, we're really struggling to create. No link from midfield to attack.

Badly missing Phillips obviously but even so, this is so disjointed. Brighton playing so manu triangles at will in the central area of the pitch.

We're hitting more longer balls than I've ever seen us do today, largely because of the pitch but also because of lack of options and that's meat and drink for Brighton's brick shithouses at the back. So so easy.

Credit to Brighton, had a really tough game in midweek and they look fresh as a daisy. Got our card marked here and they are playing the better football. Totally deserve their lead.

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

You can't win a game without a Midfield. And our Midfield is non-existant. No presence at all and as a result, we're really struggling to create. No link from midfield to attack.

Badly missing Kalvin Phillips obviously but even so, this is so disjointed.

We're hitting more longer balls than I've ever seen us do today, largely because of the pitch but also because of lack of options and that's meat and drink for Brighton's brick shithouses at the back. So so easy.

Credit to Brighton, had a really tough game in midweek and they look fresh as a daisy. Played really well and deserve their lead.

I like Klich but I feel like he seems a bit useless if the team around him aren’t performing to a high standard 

• The title was changed to Leeds 1-0 Brighton - Saturday 16th January, 2021
  • The title was changed to Leeds 0-1 Brighton - Saturday 16th January, 2021
  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I know we enjoy our memes about how the media react to Leeds' performances when they lose but putting the wrong score in the thread title to say they're winning when they aren't seems a bit far :ph34r:.

Haha makes my correction of Rab's mistake a bit embarrassing now too xD 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived