Chelsea - WLDLW

Last 3 Meetings
03/03/2019 - Fulham 1-2 Chelsea
02/12/2018 - Chelsea 2-0 Fulham
01/03/2014 - Fulham 1-3 Chelsea

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Performance here must more important than the result. Tough run of fixtures after this so we need to see some form of improvement here. We continue to persist with the passive possession play, one dimensional attack and unorganised press, will only further delay the inevitable. 

Mendy

Dave---Zouma--Silva--Chilwell

Kante----Mount

Ziyech-----------------------------CHO

Havertz------Werner

3 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

That is never the case... ever.

3 points is always the target, regardless. A good performance is just a bonus.

Don't be so obtuse.

I'd rather drop points but see actually signs of progression in our performance vs another West Ham victory. 

8 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Then you are stupid. Points win prizes, looking good and losing wins fuck all. 

Because another hollow victory like the one against West Ham will definitely fill this team in poor form with optimism against the likes of Wolves, Leicester, and Spurs in the coming weeks. As if we didn't gain 1 point against the likes of Arsenal, Villa, and City after the West Ham victory. 

Again, don't be so obtuse. 

3 hours ago, Cicero said:

Because another hollow victory like the one against West Ham will definitely fill this team in poor form with optimism against the likes of Wolves, Leicester, and Spurs in the coming weeks. As if we didn't gain 1 point against the likes of Arsenal, Villa, and City after the West Ham victory. 

Again, don't be so obtuse. 

I'm not being anything mate. 

Again, anyone who would rather lose and look good over winning is stupid.

27 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I'm not being anything mate. 

Again, anyone who would rather lose and look good over winning is stupid.

And I just provided you a perfectly valid reason why looking shit and winning isn't sustainable for a side in bad form. 

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

And I just provided you a perfectly valid reason why looking shit and winning isn't sustainable for a side in bad form. 

I never said it was sustainable?

I just said anyone who would rather lose whilst playing well over winning is stupid. 

You said the performance is more important than the result. That's just never true. The result is always the main goal. 

11 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

That is never the case... ever.

3 points is always the target, regardless. A good performance is just a bonus.

Depends on your aims. 99 percent of the time I would agree. Definitely if you are looking to win the title or stay up. But sometimes it can be important to see improvement if you are in a bad run.  And sometimes it can be more important than the result.

1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Depends on your aims. 99 percent of the time I would agree. Definitely if you are looking to win the title or stay up. But sometimes it can be important to see improvement if you are in a bad run.  And sometimes it can be more important than the result.

Ok.. 1% of the time its more important you say. 

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Ok.. 1% of the time its more important you say. 

Yeah. Because sometimes its important to have a good performance than a lucky one if in the long run it increases momentum and you get more points overall.  Although it is rare. For example when we played brighton it could have gone either way quite easily I think. It gives us false confidence so in the end we may get less points.  But obviously points are the most important thing so I would never not rather win but sometimes in hindsight it can be better. But I would never say before a game I care about the performance more I always want to win.

@Cicero I think you definitely should expect to win. At the same time this isnt the same Fulham at the beginning of the season. They looked certain to go down in bottom place where as now they look much stronger. I still expect you to win but it will be a tough game I think 

27 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@Cicero I think you definitely should expect to win. At the same time this isnt the same Fulham at the beginning of the season. They looked certain to go down in bottom place where as now they look much stronger. I still expect you to win but it will be a tough game I think 

55 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I never said it was sustainable?

I just said anyone who would rather lose whilst playing well over winning is stupid. 

You said the performance is more important than the result. That's just never true. The result is always the main goal. 

Look, I'll make this short.

We've looked poor in every department since early December. Right? That's 6 weeks of consistent poor form. We are actually getting progressively worse by the game. There's zero optimism going into fixtures when we continue to see the same lackluster performances, one dimensional attack and poor game management from Lampard. Winning games right now isn't going to be sustainable for the team nor Lampard if we continue to look shite. Lampard would be simply buying time. He'll only look like he's figured it out when performances start to improve and we see actual signs of progression. Right now he doesn't look like he has a clue. 

I would rather drop points here but see actual signs of improvement. Only then will I be optimistic about our next run of fixtures as they are against our Top 4 rivals. Another hollow victory like the West Ham game will only further delay the inevitable. Look what happened straight after that win.. After beating them whilst looking shite, we then went on to only get 1 point out of a depleted Arsenal side, Aston Villa, and Man City. 

11 hours ago, Cicero said:

Look, I'll make this short.

We've looked poor in every department since early December. Right? That's 6 weeks of consistent poor form. We are actually getting progressively worse by the game. There's zero optimism going into fixtures when we continue to see the same lackluster performances, one dimensional attack and poor game management from Lampard. Winning games right now isn't going to be sustainable for the team nor Lampard if we continue to look shite. Lampard would be simply buying time. He'll only look like he's figured it out when performances start to improve and we see actual signs of progression. Right now he doesn't look like he has a clue. 

I would rather drop points here but see actual signs of improvement. Only then will I be optimistic about our next run of fixtures as they are against our Top 4 rivals. Another hollow victory like the West Ham game will only further delay the inevitable. Look what happened straight after that win.. After beating them whilst looking shite, we then went on to only get 1 point out of a depleted Arsenal side, Aston Villa, and Man City. 

Yeah yeah I get all that. You should still want 3 points over anything else though.

2 weeks off and nothings changed. Sideways passing. Passive possession play and no discernible style of football. Fulham should be ahead. 

Worst thing about it is now we will probably go on and win and it’ll paper over the cracks, just like the West Ham game. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived