talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 0-0 Man Utd - Sunday 17th January, 2021

football forum

Just now, Stan said:

No one is saying its outrageous Brian so no need to make it in to something it isn't. It's just a conversation and debate on a football forum. 

Using Pogba's time at Juve as a defence I think is a moot point considering how long it's been since he left. I appreciate you'll base your opinion on his time there but he's had more than enough time to be consistent and show this 'talent' on a more regular basis. 

That's fair enough. I always bang on about how Rafa's success was too long ago to consider him a "good manager" anymore so it'll be hypocritical of me to harp on about Pogba at Juve. 

Just from what I've seen at United, he's either player of the match or shows flashes of that talent. A generalized answer obviously but if the argument is just "he's inconsistent" that's not what talent is.

In school my teacher always told me that I was a frustrating student because I was capable of getting good grades (as I sometimes did) but I didn't put enough effort. That's kind of what I'm harping on about.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Cicero said:

I really hate doing it but you can refer to YouTube videos to see that Bruno excels at virtually every single attribute you mentioned. Not just once or twice every other month like Pogba, but weekly. 

Again, mentality is not the discussion. Unaware why you keep bringing it up as I have agreed Fernandes is the better player. Will watch Fernandes previously but having seen him at United nothing screams out as better than what Pogba can do at his best.

Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

Ha, nice try. 

Martial has showed his ability to perform at a higher level than Ings (although I would argue the gap isn’t as great as you might think). Pogba has shown great ability, so has Fernandez. I think it is more an aesthetic preference of yours rather than anything to do with talent.

No it really is down to technical ability for me, fluidity, ability to move the ball and move it past people. Different levels though Fernandes is obviously very high. Though I’m not saying the difference is Danny Ings vs Fernandes.

But aside from that, Pogba has shown his ability at Juve and for a World Cup winning side. Fernandes has not played for a side as good as either 

Just now, Danny said:

Again, mentality is not the discussion. Unaware why you keep bringing it up as I have agreed Fernandes is the better player. Will watch Fernandes previously but having seen him at United nothing screams out as better than what Pogba can do at his best.

But isn't being consistent and decisive a talent in itself?

Again, I just can't agree with your assertion. 

Just now, Cicero said:

I don't think it is to be honest.

If you're not playing well on a regular basis it could have to do with a lack of effort put in.

Just now, Cicero said:

No it is, it’s just a seperate talent. It’s why a player like Ravel Morrison ends up a journeyman and James Milner has played for two different title winnings clubs and won a European Cup. Yet Ravel was meant to have been arguably the most talented player in the country.

Not knocking Milner though, where he is based on work ethic and an underrated skill set on the ball.

Which brings me back to my initial point, Pogba is wildly talented, one of the very best in the world, massively inconsistent and he was being spoken about because he’s on a run of decent form.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Rick said:

Can we take the “natural talent vs consistency” discussion to another part of the forum please? Not a match day thread. 

Who invited the match day police 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Rick said:

Can we take the “natural talent vs consistency” discussion to another part of the forum please? Not a match day thread. 

One way or another, this thread has to reach double figures of pages.

• The title was changed to Liverpool 0-0 Man Utd - Sunday 17th January, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived