The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 0-0 Man Utd - Sunday 17th January, 2021

football forum

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
4 minutes ago, Storts said:

Klopp moaning now about United parking the bus is why he’s such a dickhead. 

Same as what Pep does regularly. 

Smacks of spoilt kid not getting what they want 'the team didn't play like we wanted them to and we couldn't win'. Yawn.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Did he? Just said United were very organised and made it difficult to score?

"The worst thing you can face in football is you play a side with world class players and they defend with all they have, deep in the box and good in counter attacking," he told BBC.

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

"The worst thing you can face in football is you play a side with world class players and they defend with all they have, deep in the box and good in counter attacking," he told BBC.

He’s not wrong. It is shit to play against low blocks all the time, but unlike most clubs that we play United have some good players. So it’s a harder low block to play against - and unlike some other sides that we’ve played this season that went with the low block... United actually did more with the ball than most of those clubs even attempted to do.

It’s not like he’s come out and said “it’s not fair” - but I guess people will always try to make him look as bad as they can xD - meanwhile he’s literally just said they’re a hard team to play against

30 minutes ago, Stan said:

What's wrong with what he said there and where does he mention 'parking the bus'? He's simply saying that it's difficult to play against in response to a question he's been asked I'm assuming

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

I didn't mention parking the bus but it's quite clear what he's getting at. Pep is worse for it, mind.

I know, Storts did. I don't think it is. He's merely pointing out what Liverpool found difficult in the game (and the last few tbh) and that Man Utd with the players they have are more dangerous than most on the counter. 

55 minutes ago, Storts said:

Sounds a tad hypocritical.

For what it's worth, Klopp merely commented about how hard it is to play against a defensive side, the kind of things most managers comment about.

Jose included.:|

Don’t get these comments from managers, at all. Football is a game with different tactics. I for one hate all this playing out from the back bollocks all the time. We tried it yesterday and nearly got stung a couple of times. Do people forget Fergies teams used to be the most deadly counter attack teams out there? I don’t want to see this keep ball bollocks from 20 different teams. 

Why the determination to only have three centre backs anyway? We had 4 last season and Lovren still played 15 games, Fabinho played there a handful of times iirc and Henderson still had to play there in Qatar

I mean christ we're literally in the middle of a crisis right now caused by having three centre backs and you've got people saying "Well we have to get ourselves back in this position next season. How do you propose we do that?"

1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

Don’t get these comments from managers, at all. Football is a game with different tactics. I for one hate all this playing out from the back bollocks all the time. We tried it yesterday and nearly got stung a couple of times. Do people forget Fergies teams used to be the most deadly counter attack teams out there? I don’t want to see this keep ball bollocks from 20 different teams. 

What comments in relation to this game though? Klopp has just said how Man Utd made it difficult for Liverpool and that they are good on the counter attack in response to a question he was asked post match. 

4 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Why the determination to only have three centre backs anyway? We had 4 last season and Lovren still played 15 games, Fabinho played there a handful of times iirc and Henderson still had to play there in Qatar

I mean christ we're literally in the middle of a crisis right now caused by having three centre backs and you've got people saying "Well we have to get ourselves back in this position next season. How do you propose we do that?"

Who has said we should have only 3 centre backs?

7 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

What comments in relation to this game though? Klopp has just said how Man Utd made it difficult for Liverpool and that they are good on the counter attack in response to a question he was asked post match. 

Well from Stans quote, I take that as a dig. It been pointed out before he often talks about other teams set ups when he doesn’t get a result. Guaranteed he doesn’t mention it if you win. He even said “we played football, well, tried to do it”.  Pep is like it as well. I genuinely don’t think he’s being appreciative of the tactics. You see it in the media as well. Bielsa still gets rimmed after losing 3-0 because his team was open and attacking. It’s utter nonsense.

3 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Well from Stans quote, I take that as a dig. It been pointed out before he often talks about other teams set ups when he doesn’t get a result. Guaranteed he doesn’t mention it if you win. Pep is like it as well. I genuinely don’t think he’s being appreciative of the tactics. 

I think you and others are looking for something that isn't there. He's analysing the game immediately after and I don't think he's said anything incorrect

1 hour ago, Storts said:

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Same as what Pep does regularly. 

Smacks of spoilt kid not getting what they want 'the team didn't play like we wanted them to and we couldn't win'. Yawn.

I mean, if you read what he said it’s not that at all. He was saying how they were well organised defensively, mentioned the likes of Pogba & Fernandes both putting in good shifts, and said how the counter was good. Not implying that they parked the bus at all. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Dig or not he is factually correct, world class players parking the bus is one of the hardest set ups to play against. He’s just talking sense and has upset some moaning myrtles.

I think it's the consistency about tactics that is most annoying, any team can setup to play however they want, it's all valid and we want to see different styles mixing it. However, the attitude towards Allardyce for setting up negatively only a few weeks ago was he was some kind of dinosaur, buffoon who drains the game, despite having a far less talented side than Solskjaer had at his disposal.

20 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Read Gonzo's and MadLad's exchange

I don't know why anyone would think three is ok after seeing this season. I'm happy to see both Matip and Gomez stick around but we need to sign a top quality CB to be Van Dijk's regular partner. 

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

Well from Stans quote, I take that as a dig. It been pointed out before he often talks about other teams set ups when he doesn’t get a result. Guaranteed he doesn’t mention it if you win. He even said “we played football, well, tried to do it”.  Pep is like it as well. I genuinely don’t think he’s being appreciative of the tactics. You see it in the media as well. Bielsa still gets rimmed after losing 3-0 because his team was open and attacking. It’s utter nonsense.

You’re taking it as a dig because you want to take it as a dig though. He’s literally just praised the organisation of your defending and called your players world class. The people he was most critical of yesterday were Tierney and our front 3, imo. And even that criticism was pretty muted.

10 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I don't know why anyone would think three is ok after seeing this season. I'm happy to see both Matip and Gomez stick around but we need to sign a top quality CB to be Van Dijk's regular partner. 

Yeah it’s easy to say hindsight is 20-20... but this is something that was said pretty much all summer long if we’d suffer an injury. I definitely think it was a huge mistake to not go into the season with a 4th CB

9 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah it’s easy to say hindsight is 20-20... but this is something that was said pretty much all summer long if we’d suffer an injury. I definitely think it was a huge mistake to not go into the season with a 4th CB

I was fine with Fabinho fourth choice in the summer and to be fair, no one could have predicted the Van Dijk injury. He'd played every league game in his first two full seasons. Happy to admit that it was a big risk that's backfired though. Just got to make sure it's not an issue in future seasons now

Archived