• Administrator

Kick-off 20.00

Live on Sky Sports

1200px-Arsenal_FC.svg.png      VS      image.png

Recent Form
Arsenal - DWWWW
Newcastle - LLLDL

Last 3 Meetings
09/01/2021 - Arsenal aet2-0 Newcastle (FA Cup)
16/02/2020 - Arsenal 4-0 Newcastle
11/08/2019 - Newcastle 0-1 Arsenal

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@Steve Bruce Almighty I think you have a very good chance of getting a draw here. If you defend like you can we will find it very hard to break you down.

My prediction is 0.0

It'll be interesting because shit has hit the fan here. Who knows what reaction we'll see from the players. Bruce is being asked questions like has he lost the dressing room, will he resign and if he was a fan would he pay to watch this shite. 

Similar can be said of you, will we see a reaction from your lot to the Palace draw.

I don't know what to expect. Similar to when we player Leicester, the scoreline could genuinely be anything apart form a thumping Newcastle win.

58 minutes ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

It'll be interesting because shit has hit the fan here. Who knows what reaction we'll see from the players. Bruce is being asked questions like has he lost the dressing room, will he resign and if he was a fan would he pay to watch this shite. 

Similar can be said of you, will we see a reaction from your lot to the Palace draw.

I don't know what to expect. Similar to when we player Leicester, the scoreline could genuinely be anything apart form a thumping Newcastle win.

I'm still not to sure if Bruce is doing to bad in terms of results. I mean Newcastle fans loved Benitez and Newcastle were only 1 point worse of last season than the season before. I dont think you can say one manager is great and the other is terrible when there is only one point in it. However the football has been terrible I agree. This is why I think it will he 0.0. 

Out of interest would you rather finish abit lower down the league but play better football?

29 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I'm still not to sure if Bruce is doing to bad in terms of results. I mean Newcastle fans loved Benitez and Newcastle were only 1 point worse of last season than the season before. I dont think you can say one manager is great and the other is terrible when there is only one point in it. However the football has been terrible I agree. This is why I think it will he 0.0. 

Out of interest would you rather finish abit lower down the league but play better football?

It's not about playing better football. It's about hope. Visible signs of progress. Of meaning. Better football is simply a side effect because this football is simply hopeless.

Benitez had a bad first half of his last season. Worse position than anything under Bruce, results as bad as McClaren probably. We were in games but unable to win them. The 2nd half of the season however we were a top 7 side on results and on performances. The football was good. Rafa put us right. We ended the season away at Fulham, 7000 Newcastle fans, blistering heat, 4-0 win, could have been 10. We were ready for the top half challenge. We were buzzing. 

Along came Bruce, shithousing results. No vision. No pattern of play. No style. Just naff. Just nothing. All complaints his previous clubs fans have had. Riding his luck. 

Its a hard hard watch. It's purgatory. 

We want to watch something with a purpose. A direction. 

44 minutes ago, Panna King said:

0-0

I'm over 80 percent certain that this will be the scoreline unfortunately. When you have two teams that struggle to score it seems like a good prediction 

We are bound to win this. Pardew style.

A few select pre match quotes from Bruce to inspire confidence

"I made a career out of being bang average but worked hard and maybe that's in management too where I'm not blessed with this, that and the other."

"We were absolutely frigging hopeless the other night; we were absolutely shite. Unfortunately that’s happened a little too often in my 18 months here"

"The gloves are off now. I’m going to do things the way I see fit. We’ll do it my way"

10 hours ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

"I made a career out of being bang average but worked hard and maybe that's in management too where I'm not blessed with this, that and the other."

"We were absolutely frigging hopeless the other night; we were absolutely shite. Unfortunately that’s happened a little too often in my 18 months here"

"The gloves are off now. I’m going to do things the way I see fit. We’ll do it my way"

Why has he not been doing it his way?!?

21 hours ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

Who’s way has he been doing it? 😂

49 minutes ago, Rick said:

Who’s way has he been doing it? 😂

11 hours ago, Danny said:

Why has he not been doing it his way?!?

He has regularly blamed Rafa for the last 2 years and claims the players are stuck in Rafa's way.  Whenever we go back 5 and lose or play crap he blames Rafa for corrupting our defenders minds. After all Rafa played a back 5 for 4 months of his 3 years and Bruce is only half way through his 2nd season. It will take a few more years for us to be able to mount an attack, replacing all of the attacking players isn't working, it must be Lascelles fault.

The gloves are off now, should be a 3-2 win for us tonight as a result.

2 hours ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

He has regularly blamed Rafa for the last 2 years and claims the players are stuck in Rafa's way.  Whenever we go back 5 and lose or play crap he blames Rafa for corrupting our defenders minds. After all Rafa played a back 5 for 4 months of his 3 years and Bruce is only half way through his 2nd season. It will take a few more years for us to be able to mount an attack, replacing all of the attacking players isn't working, it must be Lascelles fault.

The gloves are off now, should be a 3-2 win for us tonight as a result.

What he means is the players long for playing under a manager as good as Rafa then

3 hours ago, Danny said:

What he means is the players long for playing under a manager as good as Rafa then

Part of the problem is trying to replicate Rafa's setup. It can't simply be done by formation alone. Bruce famously doesn't do tactics, his own admission. He does formation and team selection. That is his interpretation of management and it is why in this day and age his teams have no pattern of play, no definition, no plan.

I genuinely think we could play well and win tonight. By total chance. 

17 minutes ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

As expected gloves are off.

I fully expect you to be down after 15, pick yourselves up then be back down again after 35 then the final knockout blow will come in the 49th... 

Basically you will spend the entire time against the ropes.... you will keep looking over at Bruce but he will refuse to throw the towel in.. 

14 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I fully expect you to be down after 15, pick yourselves up then be back down again after 35 then the final knockout blow will come in the 49th... 

Basically you will spend the entire time against the ropes.... you will keep looking over at Bruce but he will refuse to throw the towel in.. 

That's very precise. What's the €uromillions numbers next weekend? :ph34r:

Just now, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

That's very precise. What's the €uromillions numbers next weekend? :ph34r:

Well if I told you what they were we would have to share it.... mind you, if it was enough I would gladly let you have it all to buy out Ashley... xD

To be fair, Carroll actually looked really dangerous in the Cup game the other week against Arsenal. 

Not quite sure how he didn't actually score in that game but pairing him with Wilson is a good move I think.

And you'd expect Wilson to benefit from it too.

We have them in a week's time so I'll be an interested bystander.

• The title was changed to Arsenal 3-0 Newcastle - Sunday 17th January, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived