Arsenal 3-0 Newcastle - Sunday 17th January, 2021

football forum

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Arsenal 1-0 Newcastle - Sunday 17th January, 2021
13 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Andy Carrol stole a career. 

He was good in his early days at Newcastle. That was why liverpool paid so much for him. I wouldn't say he has stolen a career though. He is still a premier league standard player.

• The title was changed to Arsenal 2-0 Newcastle - Sunday 17th January, 2021
  • The title was changed to Arsenal 3-0 Newcastle - Sunday 17th January, 2021
  • Administrator
6 minutes ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

Said it before, will say it again, if we don't win another game this month the relegation threat will become very real by February. 

Just had a browse at your fixtures. Your last 6 :o

49 minutes ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

Said it before, will say it again, if we don't win another game this month the relegation threat will become very real by February. 

Feels like the amount of points needed to stay up decreases and decreases each season.

Gone are the days of the 40pt mark. Lately it's been 35-36.

I'm wondering if this season beats that even. So hard to say how many you or even us would need.

4 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Feels like the amount of points needed to stay up decreases and decreases each season.

Gone are the days of the magic 40pt mark.

1 point per game enough usually. By Feb we might have fallen behind the 1pt per game schedule. 

Fulham and West Brom will pick up points faster in 2nd half of the season. Been the case a few times where it looks like lower points but ends up being mid 30s again.

Today's performance felt like the start of being sucked in. Some half arsed effort out there. Alarm bells.

We are genuinely pinning our season on Saint Maximim coming back from injury and saving us.

• The topic was unpinned

First Keiron Dyer and now Gary Neville saying Newcastle fans didn't want Bruce because he was at Sunderland. Where do these idiots get this from?

Steve Bruce also saying that half the league is in a relegation battle.

No they're not. 

Why do we find ourselves in a constant battle against stupid things being said?

More Jake Humphrey needed.

31 minutes ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

First Keiron Dyer and now Gary Neville saying Newcastle fans didn't want Bruce because he was at Sunderland. Where do these idiots get this from?

Steve Bruce also saying that half the league is in a relegation battle.

No they're not. 

Why do we find ourselves in a constant battle against stupid things being said?

More Jake Humphrey needed.

I’d say that 5 are better than what you’ve got now? Not defending Bruce at all, I’d just rather have those players than the current ones.

16 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I’d say that 5 are better than what you’ve got now? Not defending Bruce at all, I’d just rather have those players than the current ones.

We've still got 3 of that 5 mate. Bruce picks Joelinton over them.

Almiron has been ruined for sure, he's crap and pointless now under this regime I'm afraid. Atsu was never Premier League so no ones fussed he doesn't get a look in. Ritchie is only ever considered for wing back cover under Bruce. 

Rondon is about the same as Wilson, but different type of player.

Saint Maximim is probably similar to Perez in that hot and cold output, but probably overall better than Perez, again different type of player.

Ryan Fraser, Andy Carroll and Joelinton are Bruce additions.

This was like the FA Cup match, once we finally scored Newcastle just fell away, even though they didnt offer anything in this case as they had a few chances in the game last week.   Parety makes a big difference in the middle which was good to see him start.       

Archived